Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please recommend some data recovery programs. Post 302472947 by rona on Thursday 18th of November 2010 02:14:55 PM
Old 11-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Stop any writes to the disk if you can. Any writing of new files may trash the traces of what you deleted.

We need more details. We don't even know what hardware you're operating on, let alone what version of what software.
Thanks very much for reply.

The server is Dell 1750. hard disk is SCSI 146G.

I deleted a folder witch contains about 100M website data.

I have stop the server and tack out the harddisk.

What should I do next?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data Transfer programs in IPC Mechanisms??

I have no IPC Mechanisms program which includes data transfer on the same Linu machine. All mechanisms of IPC must be tested. If anyone have programs about it, could you send to me?? I am waiting your answers. please help me...!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris35
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

4. Programming

Which C++ book do you recommend?

Hello, May be my post may look naive to many...but it isn't if you were to believe me.After, trying to learn programming in C for at least 5 years , I concluded that K & R is the best book to learn C, alas I took a lot of time to realize this. So, I'm going to start learning how to program... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Data recovery from lost+found in centos6.2

Respective sir, I have Centos-6.2 on my system(P-4,1GB RAM, 80GB hdd).While working on my system I just face one problem my all folder get symbol of lock so I go for open terminal but my terminal is also not opened.So I shut down my pc without proper way.After restart my system I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

6. Gentoo

Data recovery of formatted external HDD

accidentally formatted ext3 external hard disk .. im using EAse us tool in windows system to recover the data ... will this works?? if yes ... the another external hard disk have to be formatted in which file system ? is there any other option ..please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
Padre::Autosave(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Padre::Autosave(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Autosave - auto-save and recovery mechanism for Padre SYNOPSIS
my $autosave = Padre:Autosave->new( db => 'path/to/database' ); $autosave->save_file( $path, $type, $data, $timestamp ) = @_; DESCRIPTION
The longer auto-save plan The following is just a plan that is currently shelved as some people on the Padre development list think this is not necessary and one should use a real version control for this anyway. So I leave it here for now, for future exploration. I'd like to provide auto-save with some history and recovery service. While I am writing this for Padre I'll make the code separate so others can use it. An SQLite database will be used for this but theoretically any database could be used. Event plain file system. Basically this will provide a versioned file system with metadata and automatic cleanup. Besides the content of the file we need to save some meta data: path to the file will be the unique identifier timestamp type of save (initial, auto-save, user initiated save, external) When opening a file for the first time it is saved in the database.(initial) Every N seconds files that are not currently in "saved" situation are auto-saved in the database making sure that they are only saved if they differ from the previous state. (auto-save) Evey time a file is saved it is also saved to the database. (user initiated save) Before reloading a file we auto-save it. (auto-save) Every time we notice that a file was changed on the disk if the user decides to overwrite it we also save the (external) changed file. Before auto-saving a file we make sure it has not changed since the last auto-save. In order to make sure the database does not get too big we setup a cleaning mechanism that is executed once in a while. There might be several options but for now: 1) Every entry older than N days will be deleted. Based on the database we'll be able to provide the user recovery in case of crash or accidental overwrite. When opening padre we should check if there are files in the database that the last save was not a user initiated save and offer recovery. When opening a file we should also check how is it related to the last save in the database. For buffers that were never saved and so have no file names we should have some internal identifier in Padre and use that for the auto-save till the first user initiated save. The same mechanism will be really useful when we start providing remote editing. Then a file is identified by its URI ( ftp://machine/path/to/file or scp://machine/path/to/file ) my @types = qw(initial, autosave, usersave, external); sub save_data { my ($path, $timestamp, $type, $data) = @_; } perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Autosave(3pm)