Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to distribute many scripts as one big fille ?? Post 302472831 by hergp on Thursday 18th of November 2010 08:39:13 AM
Old 11-18-2010
A nice tool to combine archive and install script in one file is makeself. See: makeself - Make self-extractable archives on Unix
This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Distribute Master's Thesis Under GPL?

What does everyone think about distributing a Master's thesis under the GPL? If this license is not appropriate, is there a corresponding license which offers the same thing for documents? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to distribute paging space among multiple PV

Greetings I have an older box (H50) that has it's paging space setup the following way: $ lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 224MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
4 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sun starts to distribute Ubuntu Linux

Reference Sun starts to distribute Ubuntu Linux Posted by Matt Asay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to distribute compressed files as text?

Hello everybody, I've seen some text documents where they publish blocks of text and tell you to save it as "file.tgz" for example, and when you decompress the file, it actually works. How is that done? is there a program? Because i tried cat and doesn't work, tried less, more, hexedit and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Variable From Fille And Convert it to Integer

I read 3 variables from from Inputfile.txt the third one "startnumber" is a number when i compare it with 9 ($startnumber -le 9) it give's me a "unary operator expected", i know that -le is for number comparison. What i need is to convert $startnumber to integer (i have try to do it with expr but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marios
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Distribute packages to other client machines using yum

Hi, We have a 2 yum repository servers (2.6.18-92.el5 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) that are RHN registered and should receive the latest patch/packages. The servers are configured somehow that the new updates are not downloaded automatically which I guess is in the yum-updatesd.conf file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding users from a txt fille

hello i'm making a bash script for adding users from a txt fille i have a basic script that adds users and their password . when you type the users by hand , now i want to upgrade my script with a txt file of users and their password , but i don't know how to start . my txt file looks... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
10 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)