Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Whats wrong with this shell script!!!!! Post 302472787 by Freddo on Thursday 18th of November 2010 05:30:42 AM
Old 11-18-2010
Java Whats wrong with this shell script!!!!!

hi guys can you tell me if anything is wrong with this script, seems reasonable to me but somehow never works.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Script redacted for being too explicit

Last edited by pludi; 11-18-2010 at 06:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this 5 line script!

Hi #!/bin/sh user=$1 if " -eq 0 ] echo "No" else echo "Yes" fi I'm not quite sure whats wrong with this but I know its something silly. Any ideas? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

new to shell scripting: whats wrong with my if loop

#!/bin/bash for file in $HOME/*; do if ; then rm -i $file > /dev/null echo "$?" echo "$file has been deleted" fi done Been trying to learn shell scripting for a week or so now, when i run the script it doesnt display an error message, seems like it runs fine, however it doesnt delete... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this script?

Hi all, #!/bin/ksh BIN=/interface/Gunner age=$1 directory="$2" && directory=. cd "$directory" || exit 1 from=`$BIN/today -$age` cd $BIN for i in `cat filestoarchive.txt`;do cd $i find . -mtime 14 | grep -v '.tar$' | $BIN/dttmfilter | awk '$1<="'$from'"{ print;};' | \ done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Whats wrong in this Script ???

PATH="/clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay" MAIL_RECIPIENTS="xyz@abc.com" Subject="File accessed in last minutes:" find $PATH -type f -amin -1 > temp.txt.$$ cat temp.txt.$$ | \ while read line do fuser -uV $line >> tempmail.txt done cat "$tempmail.txt" | mailx -s "$Subject"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong with this

#! /bin/bash USAGE=" | ] if then echo "$USAGE" exit 1 fi while getopts lb: OPTION do case $(OPTION)in a) echo Hi there! exit 2;; b) echo hello o) OARG=$OPTARG;; \?)echo "$USAGE" ;; exit 2;; esac done shift `expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats wrong in the script?

if then if then echo "fst argument is $1 " else if then "fst argument is $1" fi fi fi Can anyone tell me. My requirement is tht pass a string .. Check whether it contains "-". If yes then check if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with my script?

I am trying to find a value within a properties file and declare it into a variable. Script below. I want the "memSize" to be the branch from the properties file. Right now it always tells me "Not found" What am I doing wrong? #!/bin/sh memsize =''; memSize=`sed '/^\#/d'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
8 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Whats wrong with the following

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ls -ld htdocs drwxr-x--- 3 root root 8192 2006-11-19 10:41 htdocs How would a host administrator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats wrong with this if-else

hi whats wrong in below?? CHECK=M10; if ; then echo "hello hi"; else echo "how are u hello hi"; fi I am getting error as ./test.sh: line 2: ' ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh Script whats wrong?

Hi there, i have a problem i have created followning sh files some years ago but now it dosen`t work anymore i never used it a long time. Can anyone find the Error? Its always runs the stop() block and trying to Killing the Server also if i try to start or creat a new one. #!/bin/sh stop()... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewCannon
6 Replies
MOD-ACTIVE(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     MOD-ACTIVE(8)

NAME
mod-active - Batch processing of newsgroups creation and removal commands SYNOPSIS
mod-active [ctlinnd-command-file ...] DESCRIPTION
mod-active is a Perl script that updates the active file based on its input lines of ctlinnd "newgroup", "rmgroup" and "changegroup" commands. It pauses the server briefly while the existing active file is read and rewritten, which not only keeps innd from updating the active file but also locks against other instances of mod-active. The script must be run as the news user. The input to mod-active can come either from one or more ctlinnd-command-file files named on the command line, or from the standard input. Typically its input is the output from the docheckgroups or actsync commands. Every line which contains the string "ctlinnd newgroup", "ctlinnd rmgroup", or "ctlinnd changegroup", optionally preceded by whitespace and/or the path to ctlinnd, is noted for the update. Redundant commands, such as a newgroup directive for a group that already exists, are silently ignored. All other lines in the input are also silently ignored. After the new active file has been generated, the existing one is renamed to active.old and the new one is moved into place. The script then displays the differences between the two files. Any groups that were added to the active file are also added to the active.times file with the string "checkgroups-update". Please note that no syntax checking is performed on group names by mod-active. BUGS
Though innd is paused while mod-active works, it is not inconceivable that there could be a conflict if something else tries to update the active file during the relatively short time that mod-active is working. The two most realistic ways for this to happen are either by an administrator concurrently doing a manual ctlinnd command, or by innd receiving a control message, then mod-active pausing the server, then the control message handler script that innd forked running its own ctlinnd command while mod-active is working. Note that such scenarios are very unlikely to happen. HISTORY
Written by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Converted to POD by Julien Elie. SEE ALSO
active(5), active.times(5), actsync(8), ctlinnd(8), docheckgroups(8), innd(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 MOD-ACTIVE(8)