Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add message in a command line processing Post 302472466 by panyam on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 08:14:42 AM
Old 11-17-2010
Code:

tar -cvf inst.tar Linux | awk '{ print "Processing "$0 " My End info"}'

Last edited by panyam; 11-17-2010 at 09:26 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to panyam For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add data from command line to end of file

how can I add data from command line to end of file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to add 1000 spaces to end of line

hi, could anyone tell me the command to append spaces at the end of the line. for example, i need 1000 spaces after the word "helloworld" echo "helloworld " i need to achieve this in someother way hardcoding 1000 spaces is not practical. as i am totally new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithacs
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add line command

What command should I use to add a line after a text? I don't want to do it in vi. echo ra > na echo ras >> na when I type cat na, it displays ra ras How can I display it: ra ras With a line in between without using any text editor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file line by line and processing for each line

Hi, I am a beginner in shell scripting. I have written the following script, which is supposed to process the while loop for each line in the sid_home.txt file. But I'm getting the 'end of file' unexpected for the last line. The file sid_home.txt gets generated as expected, but the script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] line by line processing the same file

Hey, not too good at this, so I only managed a clumsy and SLOW solution to my problem that needs a drastic speed up. Any ideas how I write the following in awk only? Code is supposed to do... For every line read column values $6, $7, $8 and do a calculation with the same column values of every... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line: add text wrapper around words

I am trying to build a sinkhole for BIND. I created a master zone file for malicious domains and created a separate conf file, but I am stuck. I have a list of known bd domains that is updated nightly. The file simply contains the list of domains, one on each line: Bad.com Bad2.com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuallan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line number using UNIX command?

Hi, I am working on Shell script and I have a .dat file in which I want to add line numbers. Please see below example file Input File: 19523479811841494432C2013052700000000 19523479811730333980A2013052700000000 19523479811417044397I2013052700000000 19523479811205895810A2013052700000000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Arguments in Command Line Options

Hi All, I am new to scripting. Could you please assist me . Here is my requirement. I have written a script that has 2 option flags defined. -l) calls some function with the arguments passed in front of -l -r) calls second function with the arguments passed in front of -r *) calls the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Deshpande
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add command line argument

I would like to add the ability to change the message that is displayed when timer is finished. At present it just asks for the time I want for the alarm. I think what I need is another command line argument. soundfile="/usr/share/sounds/My_Sounds/Alarm-sound-buzzer.mp3"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. AUTHOR
Written by Rene Scharfe. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by David Greaves, Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[1]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)