Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HELP: Howto update an lpp_source in NIM Post 302471976 by zxmaus on Monday 15th of November 2010 10:02:47 PM
Old 11-15-2010
Quote:
If you update your LPP_SOURCE and need to boot a server that has not been updated, you will not be able to boot. The levels of the filesets must match exactly (from my experience).
This would surprise me ... I never had issues booting my boxes into maintenance from much newer TLs - as long as I stayed within the same OS (5.3 or 6.1 or whatever). The docu says as well - same or newer ?

Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM ML update

My nim master have to updated with new ml 06 . how do i know which version my nim master is currently? how to update nim -o update -a packages=all -a source=/software/aix52ml06 /lpp_sourse Is this ok.. ?? thanks govind.g (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindarajan
1 Replies

3. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

Add a bundle to a lpp_source

Hi. I forgot a bundle (X11.dt) in the lpp_source (base OS AIX 7.1). The bundle is now in the CD drive, I need to add it permanently in the lpp_source. What do I have to do ? - copy (where ?) bundle on my NIM server (how to determine what files to copy to have all elements of the bundle ?) ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephnane
1 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb, lpp_source and SPOT version matching

Hi all, I'm trying to understand the requirements for AIX version matching between a SPOT, LPP_SOURCE and my mksysb images. I have a NIM server installed, and I've used it to install new LPARs both from the LPP_SOURCE and from mksysb files. These were based off 7100-00-01. Recently I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SamuraiMark
1 Replies

7. AIX

[Howto] Update AIX in HACMP cluster-nodes

As i have updated a lot of HACMP-nodes lately the question arises how to do it with minimal downtime. Of course it is easily possible to have a downtime and do the version update during this. In the best of worlds you always get the downtime you need - unfortunately we have yet to find this best of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

10. AIX

Update vs. install media, and LPP_SOURCE naming

Hello all, Relative AIX novice here: I'm trying to clarify the naming of AIX install vs. update media, and how best to name my lpp_sources on my NIM server. An example: I have two sets of DVDs from IBM (ordered via Entitled Software Support) sitting in front of me for 7100-03-04. One set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmark
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)