Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: # Table Maybe???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers # Table Maybe??? Post 302471971 by jmorey on Monday 15th of November 2010 09:03:15 PM
Old 11-15-2010
Question # Table Maybe???

hey guys I am creating Users in LDAP.
Problem is when I create a User they need to have a uidNumber and a gidNumber and they need to be unique.

the command i issue is:
ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=beasty,dc=netlab,dc=albury,dc=tafe' '(objectclass=posixAccount)' uidnumber|grep uidNumber

which prints out:

uidNumber: 1001
uidNumber: 1064
uidNumber: 1004
uidNumber: 1073
uidNumber: 1002
uidNumber: 1005

Is there a way/script that will automaticaly add in the users uidNumber and not use the same one that had already been created.
so then is will add it to my ldif file
uidNumber:

gidNumber:

Last edited by jmorey; 11-17-2010 at 07:41 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Single table or split the table

I have an application that collect data from 10 server every minutes and stored to mysql db,. there are about 10K record from each server on every minutes. that data will need to stored in 1 month. Which ones is better, create single table for all servers and put field to identified data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult - Server Side Sort (SSS) result control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Control::Sort; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT); use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_name); $sort = Net::LDAP::Control::Sort->new( order => "cn -age" ); $mesg = $ldap->search( @args, control => [ $sort ]); ($resp) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT ); if ($resp) { if ($resp->result) { my $attr = $resp->attr; print "Problem sorting, ",ldap_error_name($resp->result); print " ($attr)" if $attr; print " "; } else { print "Results are sorted "; } } else { print "Server does not support sorting "; } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult" is a sub-class of Net::LDAP::Control. It provides a class for manipulating the LDAP sort request control 1.2.840.113556.1.4.474 as defined in RFC-2891 A sort result control will be returned by the server in response to a search with a Server Side Sort control. If a sort result control is not returned then the user may assume that the server does not support sorting and the results are not sorted. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
attr If "result" indicates that there was a problem with sorting and that problem was due to one of the attributes specified in the sort control. "attr" is set to the name of the attribute causing the problem. result This is the result code that describes if the sort operation was successful. If will be one of the result codes describes below. METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. RESULT CODES
Possible results from a sort request are listed below. See Net::LDAP::Constant for a definition of each. LDAP_SUCCESS LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR LDAP_TIMELIMIT_EXCEEDED LDAP_STRONG_AUTH_REQUIRED LDAP_ADMIN_LIMIT_EXCEEDED LDAP_NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE LDAP_INAPPROPRIATE_MATCHING LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS LDAP_BUSY LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM LDAP_OTHER SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::Sort, Net::LDAP::Control, http://ww.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2891.txt AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)