Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting looking for help on script to capture file permission. Post 302471737 by Scrutinizer on Monday 15th of November 2010 01:11:08 AM
Old 11-15-2010
With GNU find you could try this:
Code:
find /opt/ora10g/oracle/ -printf "chmod %m %p\n" > restore_ora_perms.sh

This is just permissions, not ownership, but that would be easy to add..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permission script

Hi all, I need one script, that will give the out put like all files having 777 permissions and full path from home directory. example:i created 777 permissions files three in my home directory and subdirectories also. i want out put like ./xxxxx/aaa.txt ./xxxxx/zzz/yyy.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture new lines in a file and copy it to new file

Hi All, I have a file that gives me new line/output every 5 minutes. I need to create a script that capture new line/output besides "IN CRON_STATUS", in this case the new output is "begin ------ cron_status.sh - -----------". I want this script to capture the line starting from "begin ------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to capture content of deleted file

I need to capture the content of a file before its being deleted. This file gets deleted immediately after it is created. I use the below shell command in the command prompt, but I'm not getting the desired result. bash-3.00# while true; do cat file* > tempfile; done; What I'm trying here... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjawasa
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to Capture Each Line of File As Variable

Hi All, I'm working on creating a parts database. I currently have access to a manufacturer database in HTML and am working on moving all of the data into a MySQL db. I have created a sed script that strips out the HTML and unnecessary info and separates the script into one line for each field.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -x within script and capture as a file

Okay, I've been working on a script for providing information on the progress of a backgrounded ditto command. Thanks to google and a lot of searching I've resolved all but one very odd error. At this point, I want to use xtrace (set -x) to try to uncover the issue. I have found several examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reid
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture string in a log file

Dear all, I have a log file to be analysed. this log file contains vaiours lines of code starting with date timestamp. if my search string is exception then that resepective log statement starting from the date is required. example: 2014/10/01 16:14:44.459|>=|E|X|19202496|2832|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravee
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)