Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete the lines if it matchs a selected string Post 302471537 by rashmisb on Saturday 13th of November 2010 12:39:56 PM
Old 11-13-2010
Delete the lines if it matchs a selected string

HI,

I need one help to generate the file based on few condition,
I need to print only those line which has N and delete the line which as all Y's. ANd I need to compare only the fields which are marked as Y and N .
And one more thing is in the below file 1 and file 2 and file2 abc, dbc can come in any of the fields,

for exp , file1
Code:
abc|Y|Y|Y|
bdc|N|Y|Y|
dfg|Y|N|Y|
hjk|Y|Y|Y

output of file1
Code:
bdc|N|Y|Y|
dfg|Y|N|Y|

file2
Code:
Y|Y|abc|Y|
N|Y|bdc|Y|
Y|N|dfg|Y|
Y|Y|hjk|Y|

output of file2
Code:
N|Y|bdc|Y|
Y|N|dfg|Y|

But I need to compare only Y and N fields.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks in Advance
Rashmi

Last edited by Scott; 11-13-2010 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete multiple lines containting a variable string using SED.

Good morning, Novice scripter in Unix here, and I've run into and sed task I can't quite wrap my head around. I'm pulling my hair out fast enough as it is and thought I would go to the knowledge bank. I have a sorted file that I'm trying to trim down by deleting any line whose first few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selkirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete selected string from a file?

awk '!(/^$/||/--/||/selected/||/^ *$/){print "A." $1 " <> B." $1 " or"}' infile my AWK out put is : A.KZ <> B.KZ or A.KZT <> B.KZT or A.KZ_Z <> B.KZ_Z or A.LH <> B.LH or A.MAN<> B.MAN or A.OBJEKT <> B.OBJECT or A.PAK <> B.PAK ; is there any way to controle AWK to not print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line between selected lines using sed or any other command

I want to delete a line between selected lines using sed: e.g. : Between "bus" to "pins", delete lines conaining "signal" word. Input : bus direction signal new signal old pins signal ok end Desired Output: bus direction pins signal end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all lines with string, process all files in directory

Simply, I have a directory of text files and I need to delete every line in every file containing a specific string. I want to write the modified files to an empty sub directory. I can't seem to get the sed command to delete the lines containing the string, and not just the string, in other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete selected lines

hi Gurus, I have a source file with more than 10 columns ( not fixed ) I want to delete all the lines on the following condition 1) where i have first column as "UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE" and fourth column as null awk '($1=="UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE" && $4=="") {print $0}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines starting with specific string?

Dear all, I would like to delete even lines starting with "N" together with their respective titles which are actually odd lines. Below is the example of input file. I would like to remove line 8 and 12 together with its title line, i.e., line 7 and 11, respectively.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines except a line starting with string

Shell : bash OS : RHEL 6.8 I have a file like below. $ cat pattern.txt hello txt1 txt2 txt3 some other text txt4 I want to remove all lines in this file except the ones starting with txt . How can I do this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines from file matching a string

I wish to search and delete all lines in /app/Jenkins/deploy.txt having this filename string /app/Jenkins/file2.mrt as entry: I'm using : colon as delimiter in sed command as I'm dealing with file paths. Below is the command I was expecting to work. sed -i ":/app/Jenkins/file2.mrt:d"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
.K5LOGIN(5)							File Formats Manual						       .K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
.k5identity - Kerberos V5 client principal selection rules DESCRIPTION
The .k5identity file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of rules for selecting a client principals based on the server being accessed. These rules are used to choose a credential cache within the cache collection when possible. Blank lines and lines beginning with '#' are ignored. Each line has the form: principal field=value ... If the server principal meets all of the field constraints, then principal is chosen as the client principal. The following fields are recognized: realm If the realm of the server principal is known, it is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. For host- based server principals, the realm will generally only be known if there is a domain_realm section in krb5.conf with a mapping for the hostname. service If the server principal is a host-based principal, its service component is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. host If the server principal is a host-based principal, its hostname component is converted to lower case and matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. If the server principal matches the constraints of multiple lines in the .k5identity file, the principal from the first matching line is used. If no line matches, credentials will be selected some other way, such as the realm heuristic or the current primary cache. EXAMPLE
The following example .k5identity file selects the client principal alice@KRBTEST.COM if the server principal is within that realm, the principal alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM if the server host is within a servers subdomain, and the principal alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM when accessing the IMAP service on mail.example.com. alice@KRBTEST.COM realm=KRBTEST.COM alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM host=*.servers.example.com alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM host=mail.example.com service=imap SEE ALSO
kerberos(1), krb5.conf(5) .K5LOGIN(5)