Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check file permissions from a script. Post 302470753 by rajkumar_g on Thursday 11th of November 2010 04:05:14 AM
Old 11-11-2010
Wrench How to check file permissions from a script.

hello,

I have to write a script to run the other script inside it.So iam planning to write like this?
first check the perimissions of the file.
Alogorthim
----------
if(!filepermissions == execute)
then
echo" Permissions denined"
else
execute the script.
file name is : load_mf.sh
home dir is :/ame/gcs/abs/mm.
So can help to write a script for this.My question is how to check file permissions in side the script of other file.

Please help to write this script...Its urgent to me.
I am looking forward from you.Smilie

Thanks & Regards
rajkumar g

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep - check the permissions of the file searched

What I need to do is: I need to use the grep command to search for pattern in directory and sub-directories. And also I need to show the permission of file been seached by the grep command. Could any one please suggest me? ----------------- $> cat file1.txt A -----------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johny001
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the mail permissions

Hi - I am trying to send email from unix box but none were delivered. I have tried multiple commands like mailx, mail or sendmail. But none of them worked. can you please let me know how to check if I have the right permissions to send the mail or not? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Check the permissions user

i have some question for example: suppose we have the Public folder as follows: https://www.unix.com/attachments/shell-programming-scripting/2759d1334070669-check-permissions-linux-user-capture.png If user enter: -Kenshin or /home/kenshin/Public output: abc: kenshin: rw my shell:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingkner
1 Replies

5. Programming

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX

Is there a way to check when the permissions for the file got changed in AIX IS there some file which logs all these details? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the best way to check file permissions before moving files if needed?

Hello, I would like to know if it's a good practice to check the file permissions of the contents of a directory before moving them. For example: mv -- "$directory"/* "$directory"/.* "$directory"/..?* "$destination"The variables $directory and $destination contain the path to an existing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
6 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)