Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace ^M present at the end of each line in a file. Post 302470555 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 10:53:06 AM
Old 11-10-2010
Or:
Code:
tr -d '\r' < dosfile > unixfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace end of line with a space

for eg: i have i/p file as: ================ i wnt to change end of line ================= my require ouput is like: i wnt to change end of line ==================== (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question - replace from phrase to end of line

I have the following line an in input file I want to digest with sed and simple replace the bold part with a variable defined in my bash script. I can do this in several sed operations but I know there must be a way to do it in a single sed line. What is the syntax? Line in file:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search ad replace using begin and end of the file

Hello Friends , Please help to create script for compare and replace if not matches of set of lines . * Primary* Servername Server1 Location R201 Rack 4 *End Primary* *Secondary* Server Name Server1 IPAddress 10.24.30.10 Application Apache *End of Secondary* Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnary
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace end of file with ','

Hi, I have a file with below ABC XYZ 123 I want it to look it like 'ABC','XYZ','123' I tried tr '\n' "'\,\'" but no luck Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
REPLACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - A utility program that is used by msql2mysql, but that has more general applicability as well. replace changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. Can be used to swap strings. USAGE
replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... -- [files] or replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... < fromfile > tofile SYNOPSIS
replace [-?|-I] [-s] [-v] DESCRIPTION
replace -?|-I info -s silent -v verbose EXTRA INFO
Special characters in from string: ^ Match start of line. $ Match end of line.  Match space-character, start of line or end of line. For a end  the next replace starts locking at the end space-character. A  alone in a string matches only a space-character. EXAMPLE
this command swaps a and b in the given files: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 3.23.29a Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mer- curmedia.com) 20 December 2000 REPLACE(1)