Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace ^M present at the end of each line in a file. Post 302470548 by firestar on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 10:44:49 AM
Old 11-10-2010
How to replace ^M present at the end of each line in a file.

Hi all,

My unix admin copied my code from old server to new server. I don't know exactly how he copied by at the end of each line i see ^M appeneded. The code has more than 200 lines could you please help me how to remove it easilt instead of deleting it manually......

Thanks,
Firestar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace end of line with a space

for eg: i have i/p file as: ================ i wnt to change end of line ================= my require ouput is like: i wnt to change end of line ==================== (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question - replace from phrase to end of line

I have the following line an in input file I want to digest with sed and simple replace the bold part with a variable defined in my bash script. I can do this in several sed operations but I know there must be a way to do it in a single sed line. What is the syntax? Line in file:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search ad replace using begin and end of the file

Hello Friends , Please help to create script for compare and replace if not matches of set of lines . * Primary* Servername Server1 Location R201 Rack 4 *End Primary* *Secondary* Server Name Server1 IPAddress 10.24.30.10 Application Apache *End of Secondary* Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnary
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace end of file with ','

Hi, I have a file with below ABC XYZ 123 I want it to look it like 'ABC','XYZ','123' I tried tr '\n' "'\,\'" but no luck Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)