Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command that shows mem slots
Operating Systems AIX Command that shows mem slots Post 302470340 by DGPickett on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 08:14:09 PM
Old 11-09-2010
Maybe you have to look up the max and subtract . . . .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who -9 command shows logged out users

List using 'who -u' command shows logged out user name along with active users. 'kill -9' command fails to kill the user as there no prcess is running. Any solution regarding this problem. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: utpol_68
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mt command shows /dev/tape: inappropriate ioctl for device

Hello guys, on my Red Hat machine the /bin/mt status command gives the output dev/tape: inappropriate ioctl for device. This messages comes up after the Server has been rebooted. Anybody an idea? Thx masterofdesaster (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterofdesaste
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is max MEM% in top command?

HI, When i use the top command in Linux I get the below values. PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND What is the maximum MEM% that will occur. I got once 303% . Is it possible to get such a high value. Regards, Ahamed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'sed' command shows extra line

Here is an interesting problem that I am seeing when using 'sed'. The goal is to print out the names of the Oracle SID's on a system and here is the command I am using: ps -ef|grep ora|grep pmon|awk '{print $NF}'|sed 's/ora_pmon_//' The output of the command after the awk is this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soleil4716
3 Replies

5. Solaris

svcs command shows the state as disabled

Hi I need to export a directory named /sybase from my solaris machine via NFS. The svcs command shows the state as disabled. Please let me know how to export the directory. Once the directory is exported from the solaris machine it has to be mounted locally in an aix machine. Can some one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find total cpu and mem

Hi All, I need to know the command for knowing the total cpu and mem. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

after sed command file shows '????' question marks

Hi All, I am trying to replace a string in a oracle LDT file file extension .ldt. I am using the following command: sed "s/Test Number Viewer/Test Number 1/g" TEST_LIEN_FORM.ldt > TEST_LIEN_FORM.ldt.tmp mv TEST_LIEN_FORM.ldt.tmp TEST_LIEN_FORM.ldt But after the command, the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veena484
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Physical and Free mem on TOP command

Hi, When I run the free command on solaris, I get the following: "Memory: 60G phys mem, 69G free mem" Q: how cna the free mem be higher then the physical mem?:confused: Amit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls command shows : NOT A DIRECTORY

I am working on ksh shell. In some folders if i write ls *MYFILE* > NEWFILE then it shows error on few files as <filename>/:NOT A DIRECTORY i have around 9 thousand files in this folder and out of them around 61 are showing error. However, when i created softlink of that directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JYOTIHA
3 Replies
condor_drain(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   condor_drain(1)

Name
       condor_drain Control - draining of an execute machine

Synopsis
       condor_drain [-help]

condor_drain[-debug] [-pool pool-name] [-graceful | -quick | -fast] [-resume-on-completion] [-check expr] machine-name

condor_drain[-debug] [-pool pool-name] -cancel[-request-id id] machine-name

Description
       condor_drainis  an  administrative  command used to control the draining of all slots on an execute machine. When a machine is draining, it
       will not accept any new jobs. Which machine to drain is specified by the argument machine-name, and will be the same as the machine ClassAd
       attribute  Machine .

How currently running jobs are treated depends on the draining schedule that is chosen with a command-line option:

-graceful

Initiate  a  graceful  eviction of the job. This means all promises that have been made to the job are honored, including  MaxJobRetire-
	  mentTime . The eviction of jobs is coordinated to reduce idle time. This means that if one slot has a job with a  long  retirement  time
	  and  the other slots have jobs with shorter retirement times, the effective retirement time for all of the jobs is the longer one. If no
	  draining schedule is specified, -gracefulis chosen by default.

-quick

MaxJobRetirementTime is not honored. Eviction of jobs is immediately initiated. Jobs are given time to  shut	down  and  produce  check-
	  points, according to the usual policy, that is, given by  MachineMaxVacateTime .

-fast

Jobs are immediately hard-killed, with no chance to gracefully shut down or produce a checkpoint.

Once draining is complete, the machine will enter the Drained/Idle state. To resume normal operation (negotiation) at that time or any pre-
       vious time during draining, the -canceloption may be used. The -resume-on-completionoption results in automatic resumption of normal opera-
       tion once draining has completed, and may be used when initiating draining. This is useful for forcing a machine with a partitionable slots
       to join all of the resources back together into one machine, facilitating de-fragmentation and whole machine negotiation.

Options
       -help

Display brief usage information and exit.

-debug

Causes debugging information to be sent to  stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable  TOOL_DEBUG

-pool pool-name

Specify an alternate Condor pool, if the default one is not desired.

-graceful

(the default) Honor the maximum vacate and retirement time policy.

-quick

Honor the maximum vacate time, but not the retirement time policy.

-fast

Honor neither the maximum vacate time policy nor the retirement time policy.

-resume-on-completion

When done draining, resume normal operation, such that potentially the whole machine could be claimed.

-check expr

Abort draining, if  expr is not true for all slots to be drained.

-cancel

Cancel a prior draining request, to permit the condor_negotiatorto use the machine again.

-request-id id

Specify a specific draining request to cancel, where idis given by the  DrainingRequestId machine ClassAd attribute.

Exit Status
       condor_drainwill exit with a non-zero status value if it fails and zero status if it succeeds.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						   condor_drain(1)