Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What technology advancement you need ? Post 302469909 by figaro on Monday 8th of November 2010 03:47:27 PM
Old 11-08-2010
We are in perennial need of lots of RAM. No more I/O latency to disk, just enough for all our databases to be in memory, and our swap space too.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

SIP VoIP Technology

I would like to know more about SIP technology (Session Initiation Protocol). I have some trouble with SIP eXpress router and VoIP trasfer from server to client . -The server is working and the client uses Xtensoftphone but the client can not to register in server . -I need some more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydra
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Technology Level 9

Hi Guys I am currently running AIX 5.3 technology level 6 on a 570, but want to go up to level 9. However I am struggling to find on IBM's website the new features that it brings in, along with the commands for these new features. Can any one help me with this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
7 Replies

3. AIX

Update technology level

Hello I update one lpar from TL03 to TL06 reboot and check with lppchk -v, errpt and everything looks fine then I commit my fileset and I update to TL08-04. The installation was ok. I reboot my machine again check with lppchk -v and errpt and its ok, but when I type oslevel -s I get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Technology

Hi Experts, This may sound stupidity.....anyhow....let me ask the doubt, Even though shell is just a scripting language, can anyone tell me, whether web pages can be created with embedding some concepts. In any other scripting language, whether web pages can be created. If so, suggest me in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
6 Replies

5. Web Development

Which technology is used on this website?

Hi, Home ~ InfoBeans I want to know technology framework using which we can achieve that kind of look and feel Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Does anyone know what technology this logo belongs to?

It came in a template full of techy-related stickers for laptop (like Docker, K8s, BigData, RHEL, AWS, etc) but I have no clue what it represents. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/7ILp105.png Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
7 Replies
MD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     MD(4)

NAME
md -- memory disk SYNOPSIS
device md DESCRIPTION
The md driver provides support for four kinds of memory backed virtual disks: malloc Backing store is allocated using malloc(9). Only one malloc-bucket is used, which means that all md devices with malloc backing must share the malloc-per-bucket-quota. The exact size of this quota varies, in particular with the amount of RAM in the system. The exact value can be determined with vmstat(8). preload A file loaded by loader(8) with type 'md_image' is used for backing store. For backwards compatibility the type 'mfs_root' is also recognized. If the kernel is created with option MD_ROOT the first preloaded image found will become the root file system. vnode A regular file is used as backing store. This allows for mounting ISO images without the tedious detour over actual physical media. swap Backing store is allocated from buffer memory. Pages get pushed out to the swap when the system is under memory pressure, otherwise they stay in the operating memory. Using swap backing is generally preferable over malloc backing. For more information, please see mdconfig(8). EXAMPLES
To create a kernel with a ramdisk or MD file system, your kernel config needs the following options: options MD_ROOT # MD is a potential root device options MD_ROOT_SIZE=8192 # 8MB ram disk makeoptions MFS_IMAGE=/h/foo/ARM-MD options ROOTDEVNAME="ufs:md0" The image in /h/foo/ARM-MD will be loaded as the initial image each boot. To create the image to use, please follow the steps to create a file-backed disk found in the mdconfig(8) man page. Other tools will also create these images, such as NanoBSD. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), fdisk(8), loader(8), mdconfig(8), mdmfs(8), newfs(8), vmstat(8) HISTORY
The md driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0 as a cleaner replacement for the MFS functionality previously used in PicoBSD and in the FreeBSD installation process. The md driver did a hostile takeover of the vn(4) driver in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The md driver was written by Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 30, 2007 BSD