Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gzip and encrypted in a shl script Post 302469813 by rechever on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:55:51 AM
Old 11-08-2010
Let me see if I can clarify this better: (new a shl scripts and under some pressure to finish this)

I need to take a file from a directory, the last version so I am doing something like this:

$last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1

then I need to copy that file to another directory;

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted.
someting like gzip name of the file.
then encrypted

something like
gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz
when you run this command:

It ask you for
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Current recipients:

Enter the user ID. End with an empty line:
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

I now the id, (how I can do this in a shl script?)
Also
When you look for the last version of the file in the directory
You do something like this
$last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1

And it works you grab the last version of the directory.
But I need to copy the file to another directory
If the file is store in $last(sorry for my ignorance) ?
So you say
Cp $last to the directory?

How I can store the user ID?

So when I have this question
Enter the user ID. End with an empty line: (you entered here)

All this work from the command line, but it I need to put it in a shl script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing an encrypted script

Can we execute an encrypted shell script . I encrypted a shell scripts with crypt with keys and tried to execute it it gave me segmentation faul?? Can somebody answer this one please?? If we can is there any settings i need to change?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted script not working

I've encrypted a script in rot-13. When executed, I want the script to decrypt into a temporary file then run itself, and when it's exited then delete the temporary file. so at the moment I have this: #!/bin/sh FIFO=/tmp/__scriptname_$(date +%F)_$$ rm $FIFO >/dev/null 2>/dev/null mkfifo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trichopterus
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a encrypted shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script test.sh. I encrypted it using the command vi -x test.sh , and protected it with a password to view the file. When i tried to execute the file with ./test.sh..It is trying to execute the encrypted file but not he original one. Can someone help me with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pracheth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted password in script

How to keep encrypted password in a shell script.? I have the file which has the following: a.sh ----- username=abc password=abc I will be using this username and password in another script. But I don't want to reveal the password in the script. How to keep the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies
XOSD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XOSD(1)

NAME
osd_cat - X on-screen file displayer SYNOPSIS
osd_cat [OPTION] [FILE]... osd_cat -b percentage|slider [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Display FILE, or standard input, on X screen. -p, --pos=POS This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. POS can be top, middle, or bottom. The default is top. -o, --offset=OFFSET This option specifies the offset from the top or bottom of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -A, --align=ALIGN This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. ALIGN can be left, right or center. The default is left. -i, --indent=OFFSET This option specifies the INDENT from the left of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -f, --font=FONT This option specifies the FONT to be used for displaying the text. The default is fixed. -c, --color=COLOR This option specifies the COLOR to be used for displaying the text. The default is red. -d, --delay=TIME This option specifies the number of seconds the text is displayed. The default is 5 seconds. -l, --lines=LINES This option specifies the number of LINES to scroll the display over. The default is 5. -s, --shadow=OFFSET This option specifies the OFFSET of the text shadow. The default is 0, which means no text shadow is created. -S, --shadowcolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text shadow. The default is black. -O, --outline=WIDTH This option specifies the WIDTH of the text outline. The default is 0, which is no outline. -u, --outlinecolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text outline. The default is black. -a, --age[=SCROLL_AGE] This option affects screen redrawing. If SCROLL_AGE seconds pass before a new line is ready (for example, you're reading from a pipe), all lines are cleared at once instead of being scrolled off as new lines replace old lines. The default is 0. When no SCROLL_AGE is explicitly given, the current value from DELAY is used. -w, --wait This option also affects screen redrawing. When there is data ready to be put on screen, this option will cause osd_cat to wait until the display is clear. An alternative to scrolling. -b, --barmode=TYPE Lets you display a percentage or slider bar instead of just text. TYPE may be percentage or slider. In this mode no text is read from any file, but the following options can be used: -P, --percentage=PERCENTAGE This option specified the position of the percentage / slider bar. PERCENTAGE may be in the range from 0 to 100, the default is 50. -T, --text=TEXT This option specifies an optional TEXT which gets displayed above the percentage bar. The default is empty, so no additional text is displayed. -h, --help display help (which is often more up to date) and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Martijn van de Streek <martijn@foodfight.org>, Some patching done by Malcolm Valentine <farkit@iprimus.com.au> and Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net>. xosd was written by Andre Renaud <andre@ignavus.net> and is maintained by Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net> SEE ALSO
More information on the X OSD Library and its author can be found on http://www.ignavus.net/software.html <http://www.ignavus.net/software.html> COPYRIGHT
It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. X OSD cat January 2001 XOSD(1)