Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gzip and encrypted in a shl script Post 302469813 by rechever on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:55:51 AM
Old 11-08-2010
Let me see if I can clarify this better: (new a shl scripts and under some pressure to finish this)

I need to take a file from a directory, the last version so I am doing something like this:

$last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1

then I need to copy that file to another directory;

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted.
someting like gzip name of the file.
then encrypted

something like
gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz
when you run this command:

It ask you for
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Current recipients:

Enter the user ID. End with an empty line:
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

I now the id, (how I can do this in a shl script?)
Also
When you look for the last version of the file in the directory
You do something like this
$last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1

And it works you grab the last version of the directory.
But I need to copy the file to another directory
If the file is store in $last(sorry for my ignorance) ?
So you say
Cp $last to the directory?

How I can store the user ID?

So when I have this question
Enter the user ID. End with an empty line: (you entered here)

All this work from the command line, but it I need to put it in a shl script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing an encrypted script

Can we execute an encrypted shell script . I encrypted a shell scripts with crypt with keys and tried to execute it it gave me segmentation faul?? Can somebody answer this one please?? If we can is there any settings i need to change?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted script not working

I've encrypted a script in rot-13. When executed, I want the script to decrypt into a temporary file then run itself, and when it's exited then delete the temporary file. so at the moment I have this: #!/bin/sh FIFO=/tmp/__scriptname_$(date +%F)_$$ rm $FIFO >/dev/null 2>/dev/null mkfifo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trichopterus
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a encrypted shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script test.sh. I encrypted it using the command vi -x test.sh , and protected it with a password to view the file. When i tried to execute the file with ./test.sh..It is trying to execute the encrypted file but not he original one. Can someone help me with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pracheth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted password in script

How to keep encrypted password in a shell script.? I have the file which has the following: a.sh ----- username=abc password=abc I will be using this username and password in another script. But I don't want to reveal the password in the script. How to keep the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)