Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running web pages located outside webserver space Post 302469691 by stevenswj on Sunday 7th of November 2010 07:39:08 PM
Old 11-07-2010
Ah, that looks like another way to do it.

So the way I figure there's several ways to do this:
1) the one you mentioned
2) symbolic links
3) virtual hosting?
4) changing DocumentRoot

I'd imagine 4th might be frownable. Not sure if virtual hosting is advisable either, would it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count links in all of my web pages

Counts the number of hyperlinks in all web pages in the current directory and all of its sub-directories. Count in all files of type "*htm" and "*html" . i want the output to look something like this: Total number of web pages: (number) Total number of links: (number) Average number of links... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phillip
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting information from several web pages...

Hi All! Is this possible? I know of several hundreds of urls linking to similar looking hp-ux man pages, like these. In these urls only the last words separated by / are changing in numbering, so we can generate these... http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/B3921-90010/00/00/31-con.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Investigating web pages in awk

hello. i want to make an awk script to search an html file and output all the links (e.g .html, .htm, .jpg, .doc, .pdf, etc..) inside it. also, i want the links that will be output to be split into 3 groups (separated by an empty line), the first group with links to other webpages (.html .htm etc),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adpe
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

curl command with web pages

I can't quite seem to understand what the curl command does with a web address. I tried this: curl O'Reilly Media: Tech Books, Conferences, Courses, News but I just got the first few lines of a web page, and it's nowhere on my machine. Can someone elaborate? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forcing web pages to anti-aliase

Here is an observation that has started to riddle me and perhaps someone can enlighten me. When a web page (or desktop page for that matter) uses the standard font, it is not anti-aliased, unless the user opts in to do so via the desktop settings. It appears however that fonts are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Web Pages?

Hey guys, Unfortunatley, I can not use wget on our systems.... I am looking for another way for a UNIX script to test web pages and let me know if they are up or down for some of our application. Has anyone saw this before? Thanks, Ryan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwcolb90
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello, I'm writing a shell script to wget content web pages from multiple server into a variable and compare if they match return 0 or return 2 #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv1 srv2 srv3 srv4" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2.version.jsp" # Liste des... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello I'm writing a script to get content of web pages on different machines and compare them using their md5 hash hear is my code #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv01:7051 srv02:7052 srv03:7053 srv04:7054" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2/version.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories

Hello everyone, I'm am a newbie to coding so I am reaching out in hopes that I can get some help from this forum. I am trying to run the script below from a single directory, however the directory has many subfolders. In each of those subfolders is a file, uniquely named to that specific... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
3 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)