Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace text Post 302469258 by Scrutinizer on Friday 5th of November 2010 07:39:03 AM
Old 11-05-2010
Code:
str="abc~diff~other~something~NAME"
echo "${str%~*}~NEW_NAME"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace Text

I have i/p file with following text --> 456 StreetA Rd (702) 456-7890 123 StreetB Rd 345-5678 789 StreetC Rd 123-8765 356 StreetD Rd (702) 657-3456 I want o/p file like below --> 456 StreetA Rd (702) 456-7890 123 StreetB Rd (702) 345-5678 789 StreetC Rd (702)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep.singh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace the text between two lines with different text

I have a file which contains the following data. Parameters "CParameters" BEGIN DSSUBRECORD Name "TgtDB" Prompt "TgtDB" Default "edwdev" ParamType "0" ParamLength "0" ParamScale "0" END DSSUBRECORD MetaBag... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find text but replace a text beside it

I have an html file that looks like this (this is just a part of the html file): <td colspan="3" rowspan="1" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(<!-- IDENTIFIER1 -->51, 255, 51);"><small><!-- IDENTIFIER2 -->UP</small></td> This is to automatically update the status of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace text in a file with text entered

I am trying to write a shell script that will allow the typing of a value, then using that value to replace data in a text file. I suspect I need sed. The format of the file is: Variable1:Value1 Variable2:Value2 The interaction would be something like: Shell Prompt: "Please enter the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace text

Hi, I have 50 shells in a particular directory. In each shell, we have a variable MAIL_SUCCESS=abc@xyz.com,def@xyz.com,emi@xyz.com The variable could be different. Now my requirement is I've to replace abc with def in all the shells present. I have been able to get the command for that: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: donisback
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace text

Hello I'm trying to replace in a text file the chain by 107,192,196,207 107.207 but I can not I tried the following cat translator_swift.properties.in_modif | sed 's/107\,207/107,192,196,207/g' > translator_swift.properties.in_modif Can you help me? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonanov
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact Text Replace

I am currently working with a bash script to change some names around in 3 files. I am attempting to do this with sed but I haven't been able to get it so it won't replace partial matches. Below is an example of the files I am trying to edit. My main goal is to replace foo with test, but I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Takau
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)