Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check server configuration in Linux Post 302469159 by stunnerz_84 on Thursday 4th of November 2010 10:49:45 PM
Old 11-04-2010
I was trying to search for the commands but couldn't find one. Does these commands help me in finding atleast the minimun information: lspci, lshw, hwinfo, dminfo.
If not is there any other way to find this information??

Thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check HP-UX configuration

How to check configuration in HP-UX? For example, no. of CPU, memory, scsi devices, etc. and the software installed? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickson_chung
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the system configuration on Sun solaris

Hi, Could you pls. let me know what is cammand in unix to check the system configuration on Sun solaris. Thanks in advance. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ntp server configuration

hi Please give me the configuration steps for NTP server. How do i sync other servers with this NTP server thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba server configuration on linux.

Today I have configured samba server on my linux machine .I thought it would be better if i share it here and get feedback from an experienced users. This configuration is based on Redhat release 5. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

5. SCO

Server Configuration

hi, I am new to this forum as well new to unix . i also wish to know the commands to find out the configuration of our server. i did try these commands uname -a and it gave this unixware agk2 5 7.1.4 i386 x86at sco unix - svr5. i did try out these commands to get more info on cpu... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacchhii
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition to check whether configuration file is empty or not?

CMD=$(find "${Release_Container}" -iname "${Release_Name}"_Release.txt) for i in `cat $CMD` do if ];then cd ${Sandbox_dir} CMD1=$(find "${Sandbox_dir}"/* -iname "${Release_Name}" -type d | awk -F/ '{print $(NF)}' | head -1 ) if ];then echo -e "################### CHECKOUT START... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Server Check

Hi, Is there a way to check linux server is up or not from my desktop (windows 7)? from the command prompt or powershell script. I have about 100 servers which I have to check daily..right now, i ssh to terminal with my login to verify. Thanks, vasu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myguess21
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuration of Linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server

Hi Experts, I have question regarding linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server. When I try to install 'luci' or 'ricci' in one of our linux servers it is giving me below error:- yum install luci Loaded plugins: katello, product-id, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager Updating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wich tool for check that two system have the same configuration

Hello , On a couple of system I have to check that systems have the same configuration. This system are part of manual cluster but when application are going to switch from one side to another side I would like to be sure I am not going to experience incidents. It is why I wonder if on the web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier38450
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies
dminfo(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                dminfo(1M)

NAME
dminfo - report information about a device entry in a device maps file SYNOPSIS
dminfo [-v] [-a] [-f pathname] dminfo [-v] [-a] [-f pathname] -n dev -name... dminfo [-v] [-a] [-f pathname] -d dev -path... dminfo [-v] [-a] [-f pathname] -t dev -type... dminfo [-v] [-f pathname] -u dm -entry DESCRIPTION
dminfo reports and updates information about the device_maps(4) file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported -a Succeed if any of the requested entries are found. If used with -v, all entries that match the requested case(s) are printed. -d dev-path Search by dev-path. Search device_maps(4) for a device special pathname in the device_list field matching the dev-path argument. This option cannot be used with -n, -t or -u. -f pathname Use a device_maps file with pathname instead of /etc/security/device_maps. -n dev-name Search by dev-name. Search device_maps(4) for a device_name field matching dev-name. This option cannot be used with -d, -t or -u. -t dev-type Search by dev-type. Search device_maps(4) for a device_type field matching the given dev-type. This option cannot be used with -d, -n or -u. -u dm-entry Update the device_maps(4) file. This option is provided to add entries to the device_maps(4) file. The dm-entry must be a complete device_maps(4) file entry. The dm-entry has fields, as in the device_maps file. It uses the colon (:) as a field separator, and white space as the device_list subfield separators. The dm-entry is not made if any fields are missing, or if the dm-entry would be a duplicate. The default device maps file can be updated only by the super user. -v Verbose. Print the requested entry or entries, one line per entry, on the standard output. If no entries are speci- fied, all are printed. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 Request failed. 2 Incorrect syntax. FILES
/etc/security/device_maps ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), device_maps(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 6 May 1993 dminfo(1M)