Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh equivalent to >& in csh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh equivalent to >& in csh Post 302468966 by kristinu on Thursday 4th of November 2010 10:07:46 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Thank you.

One last thing. I am running a program called tdarwin and outputting a log file using |& tee in csh as

Code:
tdarwin |& tee $fdrwlog

What would be the equivalent in ksh in this case?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl equivalent of ksh if / echo statement

Is there an equivalent perl statement for the following ksh statement ? example if then ... else ... fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

\!* in csh what is it for ksh

Hey guys, Hopefully a simple question for you. In csh I have an alias that looks like: alias ff 'find . -name \!* -print' and can therefore perform a search for a file by typing: ff filename The same comand does not work in ksh alias ff="find . -name \!* -print" I get: find:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timsk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exactly How can we define "sh ksh csh &bash"

Hi - I m prashant. I m new in UNIX&LINUX world. I want to ask that how can we define the shell in Linux like bash,ksh,csh in Linux. What is the use of these shells. I know there are mny experts on net if you can tell me then please do me this favour and tell me about this topic. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantsingh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Csh Vs Ksh

I created a simple script and attempted to run it. All that the scrip contained was "ls -l". At first I received the message "ksh: run_dir: not found" I then tried typing "csh run_dir" This time the script worked. typing echo $SHELL produced /bin/ksh I would like to understand why this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SUSANR9999
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is ksh equivalent of bash echo -n ?

Hi folks, I need to stop printing a new line after echoing a string in KSH. i know bash provides echo -n "string" what is the ksh equivalent for this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mudhireddy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define array in Bourne shell , csh & ksh

Dear friends... Kindly if any one can help me to know the differences in definning & retreiving data from arrays in the sh,csh & ksh. I always facing problems in this issue. thanks...:) BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

equivalent of backspace in ksh

Hello All, What would be the equivalent of backspace key in the korn shell. My scenario is: I am trying to install a product..and it comes out with a Licence Agreement screen, When I manually enter backspace key..I am able to get out of the whole agreement message to a point to type Agree A) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent of set -o vi in csh

Hi, I am working with two shells on two different users. one is on ksh and one is on csh. In ksh I use set -o vi and I am able to see my history commands by typing esc,- keys. I want the same feature in csh as well how can I do that. Regards, Venkat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect : what is the equivalent to ksh if -s

In Ksh to check if file exists and is non zero .. if ; then echo "Error $FILE does not exists!" else echo "$FILE found!" fi Cant seem to find the Expect equivalent .... Any help is greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

>& >&! in /bin/csh

i am new player in linux what does mean ">& and >&!" in script or command line? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
4 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)