Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerHA - assistant can't find network Post 302468894 by shockneck on Thursday 4th of November 2010 05:46:53 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koen87
[...]Still getting the same error. It's driving me crazy. I've set up a new cluster perfectly without the assistent using this configuration, why won't the assistant do it?
The reason for the Config Assistant was/is that many admins found/find configuring a cluster from the SMIT panels confusing if not difficult. So IBM tried to make this a lot easier by offering to "configure a PowerHA cluster by just answering 5 questions..." However, the price is that the Config Assistant for the basic two-node cluster is limited in both the type of cluster that is being configured and the prereqs it expects. If anything during first node discovery fails (that is where you are at the moment) the Assistant stops.

You probably checked that a hundred times by now but there still is something in the communication between the nodes that causes a problem. Some differences in the serves configuration are difficult to find. Try to let the cluster nodes discover the setup from both sides and look at the messages to find where information is missing/blocked.

Btw what I usually do when installing basic clusters from scratch with the Installation Assistant is that I install a single node plus the PowerHA software. Then I clone this node with mksysb to the secondary node. At that moment I have two nodes which are identical save hostname, uname and addresses.

However, if you can configure a working cluster with the PowerHA SMIT panels you should not need to worry about whether the Assistant works for you or not. In this case you are much more flexible already.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find users in a network

How to find users in a network? I used who. But i want to to find users using cox internet to connect to a server. PLease help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subbarao83
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find whether the given path is in Network

Dear All, I have a problem in knowing ..how the network path is represented in the unix ..I need sample in shell script to find whether the given path is in network or not . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yessowmya
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find network cards available ...

Hi all, I have a server running with Solaris and I have 2 Pci cards installed on this server (since a while), 1 with 4 coppers connections output and one with a Fiber network connection output. Today, this server is using the on board network connection (Ce0). How can I find the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
7 Replies

4. AIX

PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Looking to find PowerHA with 3rd node used for communication (voting node) only. Does anyone use such configuration with IBM products? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
2 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

6. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

7. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies

8. Programming

Hire Personal Assistant | SEO Virtual Assistant | Data Entry Service | Content Writing

Hello Everyone, Here I am offereing my Services Word Posting Content Posting PDF to excel or word Image to Ms Word typeing Document Creation Video Creation Any type Copy-Paste Ads Posting Article Posting Manual Directory Submission PR Submission Social Bookmarking Web 2.0 Blogs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abseova
1 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies
sgmgr(1M)																 sgmgr(1M)

NAME
sgmgr - Serviceguard Manager SYNOPSIS
filename ] | COMserver username password cluster_name ...]] COMserver2 Remarks Serviceguard Manager is the graphical user interface for Serviceguard or Serviceguard Extension for RAC software, Version A.11.12 or later, Serviceguard products are not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
The command starts Serviceguard Manager, the graphical user interface for Serviceguard clusters. Serviceguard Manager can be installed on HP-UX, Linux, or Windows. Serviceguard Manager can be used to view saved data files of a single cluster, or to see running clusters. To see the "live" cluster map, Serviceguard Manager connects to a Serviceguard node on the same subnet as those clusters, specifically to a part of Serviceguard called the Cluster Object Manager (COM). Options supports the options listed below. No options are required. If any option is not specified, the user will be prompted to supply it after the interface opens. Open a previously saved or example object data file. The file will have the .sgm extension. It can display only one cluster. This option cannot be used with any other options. Specify the Serviceguard node that will be the server. This node's COM will query cluster objects running on its subnets, and will report their status and configuration. Servers with Serviceguard Version A.11.12 or later can monitor clusters. Servers with Ser- viceguard Version A.11.14 or later can also perform administrative actions. Servers with Version A.11.16 or later can also configure clusters. To specify multiple sessions, repeat the -s option. The user login name for the COMserver node. Valid only if COMserver is specified. The user password on the COMserver node. Valid only if username is specified. In creating the map, the COMserver will include the cluster where it is a member. In creating the map, the COMserver will report information about the specified cluster_name(s). Specify clusters with the following cluster software installed: MC/Serviceguard Version A.10.10 or later, MC/LockManager Version A.11.02 or later, Serviceguard OPS or Extension for RAC Version A.11.08 or later, and all versions of MetroClusters and ContinentalClusters. To see several clusters, repeat the -c option. If you specify this unused nodes option all COMservers will report information about nodes that have Serviceguard installed, but are not currently configured in any cluster. To connect to another COMserver for another session, repeat the -s options. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
See documents at http://docs.hp.com/hpux/ha including: Managing Serviceguard. Configuring OPS Clusters with Serviceguard OPS Edition. Using Serviceguard Extension for Real Application Cluster (RAC). Series 700 or 800 Works with Optional Serviceguard or Serviceguard Extension for RAC Software sgmgr(1M)