Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete all the files and subdirectories for the year 2006 Post 302468888 by ctsgnb on Thursday 4th of November 2010 05:15:18 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Code:
find directory -type f -ls | awk '($10=="2006"){print $11}' | xargs -n10 rm

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete compressed files from year 2005

I'm trying to delete files that were created/modified in the year 2005 that we compressed and have the .Z extension on them. I tried using the awk utility but the syntax is incorrect. I don't know how to use a wildcard to capture all the compressed files. Here's the code I used ( ls -lR |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and copy the files creted in the year 2006 to another directory

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. I will be thankful if some one helps me. I have to write a shell script for one of the requirement. I have files created from Jan 2006 to March 2008. My requirement is to write a script in such a way that 1) To find and copy(not Moving) the files created in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files by year

can someone provide a command to delete files by year? I have several files created last year 2009. Im trying to list first ls -lrt | grep '/2009/ {print $10}' by it returns no result. Pls advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete subdirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files on them

Hi Experts , At a particular dir , How to delete subirectories that are more than 1 day old AND have NO files in them. PS : -empty option is not working at my Sun OS version. Thanks, A (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 1 year through FTP

Hi All, I want to login to a remote server using FTP command and then check for files older than 1 year and delete those files. Please let me know how can i achieve this using Unix Commands. Thanks in Advance, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
10 Replies

6. AIX

Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days

how do i remove sub directories of a directory and all files which are older than 7 days by a single command in AIX. pls help me. I am using command as #find /gpfs1/home/vinod/hpc/ -depth -type d -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \; so i want to delete all sub directories and all files from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodkmpal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files using year

Hi All, how can i delete files from my Unix directory on the basis of year, i have files from 2001 to till 2014, but from their, i have to delete only 2013 file.Below is my file name rwxrwxrwx 1 guopt users 5169 Jul 12 00:30 grt592_20130712003000.SAP Thanks Kki (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kki
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete all files created in specific year

I have more than 200K files created in year 2017 under directory having size of 50GB. I want to all these files in one shot. Is there any faster option available with find command to delete all these file ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp23029
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)