Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Using NIM to gather system information Post 302468825 by depam on Thursday 4th of November 2010 12:30:12 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Our clients have rsh disabled by default. Any other way I can trigger the script and temporarily mount a filesystem in the client so that the output will be redirected to that filesystem which is on NIM Server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

System Information

How do I get the system information on a HP UNIX server. details like CPU speed, number of processors etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olamide
4 Replies

2. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX system information

Hi, I'm writing a script to display a lot of information which describe a server (OS distrib, release, Hardware platform, CPU, HD, S/N...). For Linux side it is ok as you have almost all the information in /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo... and you can use dmidecode but for HP-UX I didn't find... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: biker007fr
13 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

For NIM: NFS file system problem

hello, i am trying to export a file system so that i can mount it on NIM server and make mksysb backup of the server on that fs. i get this message: mount: 1831-011 access denied for s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus mount: 1831-008 giving up on: s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

6. AIX

how to gather HMC information

does somebody know how to gather HMC information? It looks like there is some tool can gather HMC configuration to a html file and make them as a xx.tar.gz file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I use my code to gather information from a file in a completely different directory?

I need my code to compare two different files that are in two completely different directories, How can I do this? So for example, my code will look at file1 which is in my home directory, and compare the files with those from file2 that is in /abc/adf/adr/afc/adf/file2... does that make sense? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: castrojc
1 Replies

8. AIX

NIM NFS file system cannot unmount

Hello, I have a script on my NIM Master that runs with crons and performs mksysb backups of all NIM Clients once a week. There is a problem with one of the clients as it stucks and never finishes the mksysb backups. I tried to unmount the NFS file system created by the NIM in order to perform... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create a shell script to gather user account information and displays the result to administrator

I want to create a shell script to gather user account information and displays the result to administrator. I have created a script but its showing all the information when i search for username like: amit@mx:~$ ./uinfo.sh amit Username : amit User Info ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1986
2 Replies
uio.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							      uio.h(3HEAD)

NAME
uio.h, uio - definitions for vector I/O operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/uio.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/uio.h> header defines the iovec structure, which includes the following members: void *iov_base /* base address of a memory region for input or output */ size_t iov_len /* size of the memory pointed to by iov_base */ The <sys/uio.h> header uses the iovec structure for scatter/gather I/O. The ssize_t and size_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. USAGE
The symbol {IOV_MAX} defined in <limits.h> should always be used to learn about the limits on the number of scatter/gather elements that can be processed in one call, instead of assuming a fixed value. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
read(2), write(2), limits.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 uio.h(3HEAD)