Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compiling a compiler
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers compiling a compiler Post 302468762 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:25:21 PM
Old 11-03-2010
Another thing you could do is build a compiler capable of making executables for your system on some other system, then transfer the files it builds.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiling

I recently loaded SuSE on my intel comp. I am presently taking a walk down memory lane from my days at UofT. I was fiddling round with cc and the gcc compilers. I wrote a basic basic basic program . I tried to compile it as I remember doing in Uni. The problem is that it can't find the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cantcatchme
5 Replies

2. Programming

C compiling under C++ compiler

I want to compile a c-language source file ( *.c ) under C++ compiler in the UNIX workstation. Is that compatable? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomen
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

6. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling DigSig fails: Compiler/Makefile output

Hey, I'm trying to install DigSig ( disec.sourceforge.net ) on my CentOS5 distro. I was following all the steps in the readme but it didn't work. So here's the output: # ./digsig.init compile make: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.32.1.el5-i686' CC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling libcdio-paranoia, gcc found - C compiler doesnt work

Heyas I'm currently trying to make a fresh build from scratch/source of FFMPEG. This said, it brings quite a tail with it, so the use of a script was very obvious. Anyway, i'm currently stuck at named package. Lets ignore the tarball/download line, as the error is after. Commands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
fltk-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    fltk-config(1)

NAME
fltk-config - script to get information about the installed version of fltk. SYNOPSIS
fltk-config [ --prefix [=DIR] ] [ --exec-prefix [=DIR] ] [ --version ] [ --api-version ] [ --use-gl ] [ --use-images ] [ --use-glut ] [ --cc ] [ --cxx ] [ --cflags ] [ --cxxflags ] [ --ldflags ] [ --ldstaticflags ] [ --libs ] [ -Dname[=value] ] [ -g ] [ --compile program.cxx ] DESCRIPTION
fltk-config is a utility script that can be used to get information about the current version of FLTK that is installed on the system, what compiler and linker options to use when building FLTK-based applications, and to build simple FLTK applications. The following options are supported: --api-version Displays the current FLTK API version number, e.g. "1.1". --cc --cxx Displays the C/C++ compiler that was used to compile FLTK. --cflags --cxxflags Displays the C/C++ compiler options to use when compiling source files that use FLTK. --compile program.cxx Compiles the source file program.cxx into program. This option implies "--post program". -g Enables debugging information when compiling with the --compile option. --ldflags Displays the linker options to use when linking a FLTK application. --ldstaticflags Displays the linker options to use when linking a FLTK application to the static FLTK libraries. --libs Displays the full path to the FLTK library files, to be used for dependency checking. --use-gl Enables OpenGL support. --use-glut Enables GLUT support. --use-images Enables image file support. --version Displays the current FLTK version number, e.g. "1.1.0". SEE ALSO
fluid(1), fltk(3) FLTK Programming Manual FLTK Web Site, http://www.fltk.org/ AUTHORS
Bill Spitzak and others. 6 February 2007 Fast Light Tool Kit fltk-config(1)