Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why Cron behaves different ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting why Cron behaves different ? Post 302468580 by lnviyyapu on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 08:16:45 AM
Old 11-03-2010
scottn :thanks a lot...

jlliagre: thanks... but i have just written as example

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script behaves different when run from cron vs. manually

Hey all, Just wanted to get some input on a script I am using to import files into a MySQL database. The process is pretty simple: my main server exports these files and FTPs them. I have a script that FTPs them to the machine running that runs this script. The FTP script runs without issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billtwild
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mpack behaves abnormally

Hi, I was using mpack to send mails using cronjob with attachments. It was working perfect. But recently it's behaving strangely. Its sending the mails without any error message but the mail is not getting delivered. The code I was using: /usr/local/bin/mpack -s "$SUBJECT" -d $MSGBODY... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itesh.dash
0 Replies

3. AIX

Command behaves different in script and on prompt

$cat /tmp/tuxob.lst udi ***** jim 10 ant 19 ibm ***** $ input=`head -1 /tmp/tuxob.lst | awk '{print $NF}'` $ echo $input The output I am expecting is '*****'. But It is showing me the available files of current directory. When I run the command head -1 /tmp/tuxob.lst | awk '{print $NF} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Functions defined in header / cpp file behaves different

File: A.h class A { public: struct x X; int show() { x.member_variable ? 0: -1; } }; Now if A.cpp is complied which includes A.h (which is actually in a huge project space) we see that x.member_variable value is not as expected. But if remove the show() method and place... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script from CRON behaves differently than terminal

Hi have a script which transferers from Microsoft server to Linux box. The scripts(ksh) is on Linux box. If I run script from terminal, it transfers files to directory. Where as If I run script from CRON. It does not. Here is the log of both: Terminal execution log:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

su - user -c 'command' behaves differently

I notice that su - user (note with dash) brings in more of the user's environment than does su - user -c 'command'. For example, if root does an su - user, and types "umask" to the prompt, one umask is displayed; yet, if instead the command is su - user -c 'umask', the value is different. I thought... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drokerm
2 Replies

7. Linux

Does a network switch behaves as webserver

Hi, I have a question on web servers and network switches. Why a network switch should support certificate management, that means generating public and private keys... installing a certificate etcetra. Regards Chaitanya. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitus.28
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep behaves diffrent upon printf or echo output

Hello I want to check whether certain arguments were passed to the script, and when those are, not doing a log entry. If those arguments are not passed, always do a log entry (*new call*). What currently i have is this: echo "${@}"|grep -q \\- || \ tui-log -e "$LOG" "\r---- New call $$... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy-pasted code behaves diffrent

Heyas I'm currently attempting to apply the code of tui-select to tui-list. That is because tui-list simply made a 1 string list, while tui-select uses dynamicly up to 3 strings per line. Anyway, so i copy pasted the code, and just made the changes marked with red.... Know that both scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

'Connect' behaves differently on Solaris 11

Our application fails to run successfully on Solaris 11. The same works fine in Solaris 10. Due to which we are unable to migrate to Solaris 11. The app basically involves forking a child process, which finally connects with parent process. But on Solaris 11, it is unable to connect with parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wini008
0 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)