Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What technology advancement you need ? Post 302468318 by verdepollo on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 10:35:21 AM
Old 11-02-2010
What about a way to fast travel long distances?

You know, instead of driving to the office, or walking 1/2 mile to a restaurant or spending a whole day at the airport if you want to travel to the other side of the globe, it would be nice to have "something" that let us travel instantly, or at least faster.

Last edited by verdepollo; 11-02-2010 at 11:46 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

SIP VoIP Technology

I would like to know more about SIP technology (Session Initiation Protocol). I have some trouble with SIP eXpress router and VoIP trasfer from server to client . -The server is working and the client uses Xtensoftphone but the client can not to register in server . -I need some more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydra
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Technology Level 9

Hi Guys I am currently running AIX 5.3 technology level 6 on a 570, but want to go up to level 9. However I am struggling to find on IBM's website the new features that it brings in, along with the commands for these new features. Can any one help me with this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
7 Replies

3. AIX

Update technology level

Hello I update one lpar from TL03 to TL06 reboot and check with lppchk -v, errpt and everything looks fine then I commit my fileset and I update to TL08-04. The installation was ok. I reboot my machine again check with lppchk -v and errpt and its ok, but when I type oslevel -s I get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Technology

Hi Experts, This may sound stupidity.....anyhow....let me ask the doubt, Even though shell is just a scripting language, can anyone tell me, whether web pages can be created with embedding some concepts. In any other scripting language, whether web pages can be created. If so, suggest me in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
6 Replies

5. Web Development

Which technology is used on this website?

Hi, Home ~ InfoBeans I want to know technology framework using which we can achieve that kind of look and feel Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Does anyone know what technology this logo belongs to?

It came in a template full of techy-related stickers for laptop (like Docker, K8s, BigData, RHEL, AWS, etc) but I have no clue what it represents. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/7ILp105.png Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
7 Replies
CHFN(1) 						      Linux Reference Manual							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [ -f full-name ] [ -o office ] [ -p office-phone ] [ -h home-phone ] [ -u ] [ -v ] [ username ] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn : your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> chfn October 13 1994 CHFN(1)