Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for weather / forecast Post 302468315 by yamirokuay on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 10:28:36 AM
Old 11-02-2010
Shell script for weather / forecast

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#Argentina Only :s
# This script requires curl and iconv, iconv is because they do not use Weather Service utf-8 ¬¬
# 87938 = Ushuaia
# 87934 = Rio Grande
# 87418 = Mendoza
# 87582 = Capital Federal
# 87692 = Mar del Plata
# 87480 = Rosario
# 87344 = Cordoba
# 87371 = Santa Fe

# Ciudad predeterminada
ciudad=87934
if [ $# -ge 1 ] ; then
  ciudad=$1
fi

URL="http://www.smn.gov.ar/?mod=dpd&id=21&e="$ciudad
TXT="$HOME/Documentos/Pronostico/pronostico.txt"

curl -s "$URL" | grep 'TEMPERATURA: ' | sed -re 's/|&nbsp;|<[a-zA-Z\/][^>]*>|  |\t//g' | iconv --from-code=ISO-8859-1 --to-code=UTF-8 > $TXT

#estad=`grep 'ESTADO DEL TIEMPO' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
#visib=`grep 'VISIBILIDAD:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
#sensa=`grep 'SENSACION:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
tempe=`grep 'TEMPERATURA:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
#humed=`grep 'HUMEDAD:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*:  (.*)/\1/'`
#presi=`grep 'PRESION:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
#vient=`grep 'VIENTO:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`
#hora=`grep '.*Hora:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)Horas\./\1/'`
#dia=`grep '.*Dia:' $TXT | sed -re 's/.*: (.*)/\1/'`

sed 's/'ºC'//g' pronostico.txt
sed 's/'TEMPERATURA:'//g' pronosticotmp.txt > temperatura.txt

#Opcional
#tempe=`echo $tempe | tr '.' ','`

#echo "$tempe ($sensa) - $humed humed. - viento: $vient - presión: $presi - visib: $visib - $estad ($dia $hora)" | sed 's/  / /g'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The last script works fine, but the only bad thing is that I leave a blank space that I can not erase. And try a thousand ways I could not make it work.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check weather file is blank or not?

Dear All I want to do following task. Kindly suggest. In my script every hour one file is genarated. say xyz.txt. Now if this file contain some data then i want to do task A and if file is blank then i want to do nothing. Kindly help me to do this. regards jaydeep (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not

Hi all, Please tell me how to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not . I checked with file commond but it is giving like International Language text. Regards, Chaitu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_chaitanya
0 Replies

3. Linux

Check weather a file is in use or not?

Hi, Hi want to check weather a file is being used by using a command or java code or shell script. So, can any body give me some idea.. Thanks Buddhika (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cse.buddhika
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use PYTHON to collect data weather and print in new file

Hi all, i have a task to do with Python and because i'm a beginner on it i would like your help on this. Create a python script that: Every hour collect the Temperature (e.g. 29C) and Current Condition (e.g. Clear) from this website wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html Create a CSV... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragaga123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a return value weather smartctl is running a (short) selftest or not

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck here.. I'm trying to write a script, which should start a short selftest via smartctl, for example smartctl -t short /dev/sda and after the test is finished I want it to write the new smartvalues in a logfile. well... Now I need a return value for wether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phill971
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forecast of jobs

Hello, I'm looking for forecast of Autosys Jobs, along with their status, in a specific time period. I tried job_depends and autorep. Problem with autorep is, I Cannot use from and to time, like I can use with job_depends, but the results are in a simple single line format for each job,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaram.m
0 Replies
iconv_close(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    iconv_close(3)

NAME
iconv_close - Closes a specified codeset converter LIBRARY
The iconv Library (libiconv) SYNOPSIS
#include <iconv.h> int iconv_close( iconv_t cd); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: iconv_close(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the descriptor of the converter to be closed DESCRIPTION
The iconv_close() function closes a converter previously opened with iconv_open() and deallocates any resources used by the specified con- verter. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the iconv_close() function returns a value of zero. Otherwise, the function returns a value of -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the following condition occurs, the iconv_close() function sets errno to the corresponding value: The converter's file descriptor is invalid. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: iconv(3), iconv_open(3) Commands: genxlt(1), iconv(1) Others: iconv_intro(5), standards(5) delim off iconv_close(3)