Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving old files bash script - not working properly Post 302468142 by turk451 on Monday 1st of November 2010 07:24:58 PM
Old 11-01-2010
Well the issue is more or less this line:

Code:
        mv $1 /data2/harvest/

Because the mv command doesn't really know anything more than the destination directory you have specified. If you want to preserve the underlying directory structure, why not try something like:

1) find command to find all files with mtime +14
2) tar command to create a tarball of the files along with path structure. You can also have tar remove the old files as you build the tarball
3) mv the tarball to the root where you want to reconstruct the directory structure/file data
4) tar command to recreate the archive

There are probably more efficient/cleverer ways of handling file archiving to achieve the end result you want, but by using find, then tar, you have a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want to handle the old data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script working for small size files but not for big size files.

Hi, I have one file stat. Stat file contents are as follows: for example. H50768020040913,00260100,507680,13,0000000643,0000000643,00000,0000 H50769520040808,00260100,507695,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 H50770620040611,00260100,507706,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 Now i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidpreml
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Email not working Properly

Hi GURU's, I'm using a Shell Script to send email's as an attachment. I'm Storing the email address in a table and catching in a variable. MAILLIST=`noarg sqlplus -s $OraUsr << EOF set heading off set feedback off set echo off SELECT email_ids FROM tpemail_table WHERE... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikraj
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script line not working properly

Hi , I am using the below command in script. $_IDLETIME is returning value if i execute the script manually. sar > $_LOCATION/sar.txt _IDLETIME=`tail -2 $_LOCATION/sar.txt | head -1 | tr -s ' ' ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f8 | cut -d '.' -f1`; if But it s not returning any value if it put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not working properly

Hello, i have below shell script to process ftp get from server and create file list afte finish. this shell scipt has 6 parameter input. unfortunately, it is only working to get the file and terminated before creating file list. please help. thanks, #!/bin/ksh ## example usage :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryatmo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script not working properly on Solaris (works fine on AIX)?

Hi, I have a problem with a SED script that works fine on AIX but does not work properly on a Solaris system. The ksh script executes the SED and puts the output in HTML in tables. But the layout of the output in HTML is not shown correctly(no tables, no color). Can anyone tell if there is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faith111
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Been working since 25+ hrs: Bash Script to rename files supposedly direct but difficult to execute

:wall::wall::wall: Hi I have horrible script below, need help in renaming ls -l output into new filename format: Desired output: cp -pv original_path/.* newDirectory/owner_of_file.%dd%mm%y.file_extension.first_8_characters_of_original_filename localuser@localuser:~ vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner here, how to call a bash-script from python properly?

Hi everyone, i have the following script.sh: foo='lsusb | grep Webcam | cut -c16-18' sudo /home/user/public/usbreset /dev/bus/usb/001/$foo when i try to call this script from python using subprocess.call("script.sh", shell=True) it seems that only 'sudo /home/user/public/usbreset' is being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilfemir
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count script not working properly

Hi Experts, I have this script to count the number of files based on prefix and suffix values. #!/bin/ksh file_date=$1 prefix=$2 suffix=$3 file_count=$(ls -l /db/day_file/{$prefix}*${file_date}*{$suffix}) The files in the directory /db/day_file are as below. 20170501 20170501... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
7 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)