Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If statements/general help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If statements/general help Post 302468132 by agama on Monday 1st of November 2010 06:43:10 PM
Old 11-01-2010
Are you running the script exactly as you have it posted here? If so, you need to remove the hash (comment) symbols from in front of your if statements, and add a fi some where after the second if; probably immediately after the echo.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the iOS question -- I'd assume bash, but we all know what happens when someone assumes.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Question

Hi, I've been racking my brains trying to remember, but, whats the command to change the default shell? I'm currently always in the Korn shell and I want to start out in the Bash shell. I'm running a variant of BSD I guess in Mac OS X 10.2.2 and Mandrake. Thanks. ccindyderek:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccindyderek
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question?

Perl, Python, and PHP are these languages easy to use? Are they command line or are they part of a GUI? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Query

Hi all My job is to bootup the servers (1 sun solaris 5.8, 3 sco (release 5) and 1 windows 2000), taking backup of the servers and shut down. Apart from this, there are nearly 150 users for our oracle9i database (forms 3 and d2k as front end). As for as oracle 9i is concerned my job is to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

general ledger balance.

My general ledger account did not balance to my posting journal. How can I change the general ledger account to balance with my posting journal without having to post a one sided ticket and have it go to my outage account? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jenny
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

General UNIX Query

Hi all, I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting. I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question. Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (?) help or just general script

I have two files (___ represents blanks) Foo1 1000 345 456 1001 876 908 1002 ___ 786 1003 643 908 1004 345 234 and Foo2 1000 345 1001 876 1002 111 1003 643 1004 345 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

8. Programming

General Framework For C

Hi guys. Is there any General Framework for C like other languages?:confused: for example .Net or ... . I googled but i didn't find anything useful. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
5 Replies
HASHSTASH(3)						 libbash hashstash Library Manual					      HASHSTASH(3)

NAME
hashstash -- libbash library that implements hash data structure SYNOPSIS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] DESCRIPTION
General hashstash is a collection of functions that implement basic hash data-structure in bash scripting language. The function list: hashSet Adds a value to the hash hashGet Returns a value from the hash hashKeys Returns a list of keys of the hash hashRemove Removes a key from the hash hashDelete Deletes a hash Detailed interface description follows. FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <Hashname> [SubHashName [...]] Adds a value to the hash. Parameters: <Value> The value to set in HashName[Key]. <Key> The key for the value Value. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Value will be the value of the key Key in the hash HashName. For example if you have (or want to define) hash C, which is subhash of hash B, which is subhash of hash A, and C has a key named ckey1 with value cval1, then you should use: hashSet cval1 ckey1 A B C $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns the value of Key in HashName to the $retval variable. Parameters: <Key> The key that hold the value we wish to get. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns a list of keys of the hash HashName in the variable $retval. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Removes the key Key from the hash HashName. <Key> The key we wish to remove from HashName. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. This function should also be used to remove a sub-hash from its "father hash". In that case, the key will be the name of the sub-hash. hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Deletes the hash HashName [SubHashName [...]]. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. If this function is used on a sub-hash, a key with the name of the sub-hash will remain in its "father hash" and will hold a NULL value. BUGS
A hash name can only contain characters that are valid as part of bash variable names (i.e. a-zA-Z0-9_). The same applies for hash keys. As for now, there is no way of knowing if a key represents a value or a sub-hash. If a sub-hash will be used as a key, the returned value will be its keys list. EXAMPLES
Define hash table hashA with key Akey1 with value Aval1 use: % hashSet Aval1 Akey1 Ahash Now: % hashGet Akey1 Ahash % echo $retval Aval1 % hashKeys Ahash % echo $retval Akey1 % HISTORY
The idea to write hashstash library appeared when we've discovered the full power of the bash eval function. As of the name hashstash, it has two meanings. The first, it means 'stash' of hash functions. The second is, that hashstash contains sub- hashes inside, so it looks like stash of packed information. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux