Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending e-mail of record counts in 3 or more files Post 302468034 by methyl on Monday 1st of November 2010 11:17:02 AM
Old 11-01-2010
Quote:
( echo "'CONDITION
Note that the double quote is before the single quote (not instead of the single quote).
Imho The matching closing double quote should be three lines later. Just after $basename .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get counts for multiple files

How do get the counts by excluding header and tailer. wc -l customer_data*.0826 31 customer_data_1.0826 57 customer_data_2.0826 456 customer_data_3.0826 668 customer_data_4.0826 789 customer_data_5.0826 2344 customer_data_6.0826 13457 customer_data_7.0826... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardcoding & Record counts in a file

HI , I am having a huge comma delimiter file, I have to append the following four lines before the starting of the file through a shell script. FILE NAME = TEST_LOAD DATETIME = CURRENT DATE TIME LOAD DATE = CURRENT DATE RECORD COUNT = TOTAL RECORDS IN FILE Source data 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New file should store all the 7 existing filenames and their record counts and ftp th

Hi, I need help regarding below concern. There is a script and it has 7 existing files(in a path say,. usr/appl/temp/file1.txt) and I need to create one new blank file say “file_count.txt” in the same script itself. Then the new file <file_count.txt> should store all the 7 filenames and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pr293
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for files and sending mail

Hi, I want a script that can perform the following tasks, 1)Open command prompt and navigate to certain path (for eg: C:\Programs\) and then execute the below command on a daily basis, list -C <client name> -t 13 -l -R -s <previous_day> /D > D:\Prgrams\list_currentdate.txt Note: There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Excel Files as attachment using Mail

Hie, I need to attach an .xlsx file as an attachment to a mail. I have used the mail option but i dont think there is anything for attachment. Can you show me how else can i do it? I am not allowed to install mutt since it is a workplace and they have their restrictions. And its a Bash Shell (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: barryallen
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
runacct(1M)															       runacct(1M)

NAME
runacct - run daily accounting SYNOPSIS
[mmdd[state]] DESCRIPTION
runacct is the main daily accounting shell procedure. It is normally initiated via cron(1M). runacct processes connect, fee, disk, and process accounting files. It also prepares summary files for prdaily or billing purposes. runacct takes care not to damage active accounting files or summary files in the event of errors. It records its progress by writing descriptive diagnostic messages into When an error is detected, a message is written to mail (see mail(1), mailx(1), or elm(1)) is sent to and and runacct terminates. runacct uses a series of lock files to protect against re-invocation. The files and are used to prevent simultaneous invocation, and is used to prevent more than one invocation per day. runacct breaks its processing into separate, restartable states using to remember the last state completed. It accomplishes this by writ- ing the state name into runacct then looks in to see what it has done and to determine what to process next. states are executed in the following order: Move active accounting files into working files. Verify integrity of file, correcting date changes if necessary. Produce connect session records in format. Convert process accounting records into format. Merge the connect and process accounting records. Convert output of chargefee into format and merge with connect and process accounting records. Merge disk accounting records with connect, process, and fee accounting records. Merge the daily total accounting records in with the summary total accounting records in Produce command summaries. Any installation-dependent accounting programs can be included here. Cleanup temporary files and exit. To restart runacct after a failure, first check the file for diagnostics, then fix up any corrupted data files such as or The files and file must be removed before runacct can be restarted. The argument mmdd is necessary if runacct is being restarted, and specifies the month and day for which runacct will rerun the accounting. Entry point for processing is based on the contents of to override this, include the desired state on the command line to designate where processing should begin. EXAMPLES
To start runacct. To restart runacct. To restart runacct at a specific state. WARNINGS
Normally it is not a good idea to restart runacct in its state. Run manually, then restart via: If runacct failed in its state, remove the last file because it will not be complete. FILES
SEE ALSO
mail(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), cron(1M), fwtmp(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
runacct(1M)