Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VI - in need of configs/scripts Post 302467712 by Bonzay0 on Sunday 31st of October 2010 12:13:50 AM
Old 10-31-2010
how does that help me? I requested configs/scripts that are already made for the vi...
I know how to change the vi settings and map it, I just don't have the time to do all the advance stuff... that's why I need a public config that does all that stuff for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail configs and linux suse 9

Hello, I am needing to find what smtp server we are using on our linux box that run suse 9 when ever we mail out from the box using the mail command.... I have searched the board and see references to sendmail.cf but can't find this file on our box... I see alot of mail configs in /etc/postfix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Script to sort Cisco configs

Hi everyone :), I need sort Cisco configs to report but i cannot do the script to made this: #### INPUT ##### config-register 0x2102 version 12.2 ! hostname Router ! interface Ethernet0 description Red LAN ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 no cdp enable ! interface Serial0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azrael75
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through configs

hi All, is there a way in linux to loop thru all variables sourced? i have a set configs like A=100 b=200 c=400 i can add the above lines to a file and source - so that $A will be 100 .. like wise now when i do a cut -c 1-2 file.txt |sort | uniq -c on a file it returns me A 100 B 50 c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun1401
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo command configs

I am wondering how to use SUDO command to allow only my account to run mount command as root. I have root privilege.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
4 Replies

8. Linux

Packages that monitor OS configs and service/ports?

I have several Redhat servers and workstations that I need to be able to monitor for any changes and be notified of any changes to the OS. The features I need to specifically monitor are: ports - opening of new ports that are not already in a whitelist services - any starting or attempts to start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCDinPGH
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to show cisco configs

I know there are better ways to do this. I prefer snmp. I do not have the proper perl modules loaded on the platorm. Snmp isnt loaded on the platform. Telnet is not an option. I need to write an expect script to pull cisco equipment configs. The following code is executed once I gain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

10. AIX

Chef client on VIOs? How do you manage your VIO configs?

I know the VIOs are generally to be treated as an appliance and one should never drop down to oem_setup_env. In reality however, oem is a very useful tool to get the job done. So that leads me into the question of using the Chef client on a VIO. Currently a big push to manage all our *nix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RecoveryOne
4 Replies
ESD(1)							     Enlightened Sound Daemon							    ESD(1)

NAME
esd - The Enlightened Sound Daemon DESCRIPTION
Starts up EsounD, which provides a sound mixing server. USAGE
esd [options] -d DEVICE force esd to use sound device DEVICE -b run server in 8 bit sound mode -r RATE run server at sample rate of RATE -as SECS free audio device after SECS of inactivity -unix use unix domain sockets instead of tcp/ip -tcp use tcp/ip sockets instead of unix domain -public make tcp/ip access public (other than localhost) -promiscuous start unlocked and owned (disable authentication) -terminate terminate esd daemone after last client exits -nobeeps do not play startup beeps -port PORT listen for connections at PORT (only for tcp/ip) Possible devices are: /dev/dsp, /dev/dsp2, etc. FILES
/etc/esound/esd.conf daemon configuration file SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esddsp(1), esdloop(1), esdplay(1), esdsample(1), esd-config(1), esdctl(1), esdfilt(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1) 3rd Berkeley Distribution EsounD 0.2.28 ESD(1)