Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting Post 302467642 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 30th of October 2010 02:01:48 PM
Old 10-30-2010
try:
Code:
grep '_[p]mon_' | grep -v "^oracle" | wc -l

Code:
sed '/_[p]mon_/!d;/^oracle/d' | wc -l

Code:
awk '/_[p]mon_/ && $1!="oracle"' | wc -l

Code:
awk '/_[p]mon_/ && $1!="oracle"{i++} END{print i}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with counting files please

Hi all. If I have a unix directory with multiple files, lets say, I have some with .dat extensions, some with .txt extensions, etc etc. How in a script would I provide a count of all the different file types (so, the different extensions, I guess) in the directory?? So if I had: test.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerard1
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

counting the packets

there are a number of clients connected to a server.... how can i count that each clients recieve ...? how do i moniter the activity of the client..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting up a variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script, but i encountered a problem I cant solve alone so I hope you guys can help me. The situation is: I have a script file and a config file, in my config file I set some Variables: for example: destination=(xp, xq, xt) username=testor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kenada
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting

Hi, I want to count how many rows are in a file for a specific column. eg. K NM K NM K NM K JK K NM K JK K NM so the file is tab-delimited. I want to count how many rows are in column 2 and how many NMs there are. I used awk awk '{OFS="\t"}; {count++} {print i,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting words

if i have a long list of data, with every line beginning with an ip-address, like this: 62.165.8.187 - - "GET /bestandnaam.html HTTP/1.1" 200 5848 "http://www.domeinnaam.nl/bestandnaam.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)" how do i count which ip-adresses are mentioned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting words

Hi Is there a way to count the no. of words in all files in directory. All are text files.I use wc -w but somehow i am not getting the rite answer. Is there an alternative. Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting using awk

Hi, I want to perform a task using shell script. I am new to awk programming and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following 3 files (for example) file1: Name count Symbol chr1_1_50 10 XXXX chr3_101_150 30 YYYY File2: Name ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting?

Hi all, I promise this is my very last dumb question.. but how to you count how many unique names you have. My dataset is: >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac4 egege >Bac8 dgrjh >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac8 dgrjh What i want to know is that how many unique names there is, so the output would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential counting

Hi have a file of the following format a1 a1 a2 a2 a4 a4 a4 a3 a3 a5 a6 a6 a6 a6 .. 100's of lines (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)