Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VI - in need of configs/scripts Post 302467622 by DGPickett on Saturday 30th of October 2010 10:12:16 AM
Old 10-30-2010
You want examples of useful ~/.exrc file entries?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail configs and linux suse 9

Hello, I am needing to find what smtp server we are using on our linux box that run suse 9 when ever we mail out from the box using the mail command.... I have searched the board and see references to sendmail.cf but can't find this file on our box... I see alot of mail configs in /etc/postfix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Script to sort Cisco configs

Hi everyone :), I need sort Cisco configs to report but i cannot do the script to made this: #### INPUT ##### config-register 0x2102 version 12.2 ! hostname Router ! interface Ethernet0 description Red LAN ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 no cdp enable ! interface Serial0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azrael75
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through configs

hi All, is there a way in linux to loop thru all variables sourced? i have a set configs like A=100 b=200 c=400 i can add the above lines to a file and source - so that $A will be 100 .. like wise now when i do a cut -c 1-2 file.txt |sort | uniq -c on a file it returns me A 100 B 50 c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun1401
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo command configs

I am wondering how to use SUDO command to allow only my account to run mount command as root. I have root privilege.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
4 Replies

8. Linux

Packages that monitor OS configs and service/ports?

I have several Redhat servers and workstations that I need to be able to monitor for any changes and be notified of any changes to the OS. The features I need to specifically monitor are: ports - opening of new ports that are not already in a whitelist services - any starting or attempts to start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCDinPGH
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to show cisco configs

I know there are better ways to do this. I prefer snmp. I do not have the proper perl modules loaded on the platorm. Snmp isnt loaded on the platform. Telnet is not an option. I need to write an expect script to pull cisco equipment configs. The following code is executed once I gain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

10. AIX

Chef client on VIOs? How do you manage your VIO configs?

I know the VIOs are generally to be treated as an appliance and one should never drop down to oem_setup_env. In reality however, oem is a very useful tool to get the job done. So that leads me into the question of using the Chef client on a VIO. Currently a big push to manage all our *nix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RecoveryOne
4 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)