Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need logic for shell scripting Post 302467404 by ctsgnb on Friday 29th of October 2010 08:03:21 AM
Old 10-29-2010
By the way ... a better solution in my opinion is to set the nls_date_format in the environment of the user executing the RMAN command (.profile .dbenv or other...depending on which is used when logging on).

Last edited by ctsgnb; 10-29-2010 at 09:09 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parent/Child Scripting logic Question

I have Parent script that will execute a child script. The child script will take about 2 hours to run and I wanted to somehow build a logic for parent.sh to wait and perform ps -ef|grep cp|grep -v on the child.sh cp process and loop and check return code of child.sh $? as well. Once they are both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or PERL Logic

Hello All, Currently i am working on a logic in PERL scripting ... But i am sort of stuck up, can any one please help. Here goes. 1. Search for a pattern in a file 2. If the pattern matched lets say 10 lines 2.1 Reterive the first line and check for another pattern 2.1.1 if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script logic

Hi I have a requirement where I have to generate a mail/alert to the user if any QA check is failed. our oracle jobs run in unix environment and log file is created . Sample is given below . SELECT * FROM product.fact_tally WHERE period_id = '20130401' ; LIMIT 5; Ideally the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting logic

This is my source file and required output is mentioned as below. Any input on how to proceed. start name=vamsi phone=123456789 mailid=abc@gmail.com adress:-india end start name=vamsi1 phone=1234567890 mailid=abc1@gmail.com adress:-usa end required output:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
15 Replies
BEL(1)                                                                                                                                      BEL(1)

NAME
bel - open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines SYNOPSIS
bel [-e file] [-s file] [-d delay] DESCRIPTION
bel generates a script allowing the user to open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines. In order to generate the script, the user gives the paths to the different machines until the final one is reached. Several paths may be specified in a single entry file or through the standard input. OPTIONS
-e, --entree=FILE Provide the necessary information to establish the tunnel between the source and the final computer. -s, --repertoire-sortie=DIRECTORY The directory where you want to put the generated scripts. -d, --delai=SECONDS Delay to wait before each sent command, in seconds. AUTHOR
Carl Chenet <chaica@ohmytux.com[]> RESSOURCES
Belier homepage : http://www.ohmytux.com/belier LICENSE
Copyright (C) <2009> <Carl Chenet>This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 05/16/2009 BEL(1)