Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help understanding 'exec' command plz Post 302467300 by sears on Friday 29th of October 2010 12:18:38 AM
Old 10-29-2010
help understanding 'exec' command plz

plz someone explain me what does -exec ls -Fd do?

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Thanks in advance !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using the -exec command

linux redhat 8.0 I am getting accustomed to using the -exec command to get around my databse.. and use it to edit and update files..! is this more apllicable than jumping from one directory to the other.. I have set up the databse so that the inode #'s are accessable and can get me from one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

explain command plz

echo -n "1. Updating Password Policy in OID..." | tee -a $logfile set ldap_v1 = `ldapsearch -b "" -h $oid_host -p $oid_port -D "cn=orcladmin" -w $admin_pwd -s sub "cn=PwdPolicyEntry" dn | head -1` echo "dn:$ldap_v1" > ldap1.out echo "changetype:modify" >> ldap1.out echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maoro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

am a newbie to unix. plz help in understanding this code.

hi everybody. please help me in understanding this code. echo "************* starting job on `date +\"%d/%m/%Y at %T\"` **************" # scriptdir=`dirname $0` . ${scriptdir}/env_params.sh # SHLIB_PATH=${ORACLE_HOME}/lib: export SHLIB_PATH export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokulj
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Plz help me in understanding SUDO !!

Hello, I 'am trying to understand how sudo works. OS: Solaris 10 on SPARC I have 3 OS users: Oracle,App,Vendor. User : Group Oracle : oinstall,dba App : oinstall,dba,work Vendor : work What i want to do I need to run sqlplus from VENDOR using APP as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnJacobChacko
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command help

All, I am using below shell script to output the content to outputfile.txt. What I am looking for is in addition to outputfile.txt, I want the output to be on standard output too. exec > outputfile.txt echo "Starting " echo "ending" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: basic_shell
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

How can I use the exec command to log my korn shell session to the screen and the log file? Currently I have this command: $exec 1> ${LOG} 2>&1 This logs the output to the log file only. I want it to go to the screen also. Is this possible with this command? thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with SED command plz

I need two solutions 1) How can i swap the first and last character in each line of file temp 2) How can i display content of the file using sed command Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
RMCPING(8)						      System Manager Commands							RMCPING(8)

NAME
rmcpping - send RMCP Ping to network hosts SYNOPSIS
rmcpping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
rmcpping uses the RMCP Ping request datagram to elicit an RMCP Pong response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports RMCP or IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. rmcpping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exits with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), ipmiping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ rmcpping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 RMCPING(8)