Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: egrep count question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers egrep count question Post 302466930 by jlliagre on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 05:50:38 PM
Old 10-27-2010
Code:
cat /var/log/messages* | egrep -c "Oct".+"Connect: ppp"

This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count question..

This will likely be a simple one for you gurus! I have the following line: xcount=`ls -1p $process_dir | grep -v '\/' | grep -c "$"` xcount ends up being a count of the files in the directory represented by process_dir. So if I have 10 files in there like test.dat, test.rpt, etc. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerard1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on egrep

Hi I am trying to use this command: egrep '^a{2,6}$' testexpr4D to retreive lines with 2,3,4,5, or 6 a's in a file . The file testexpr4D has entries like: a aa aaa aaaa aaaaa aaaaaa 123456 ABCDEF I was expecting to see 5 lines in the output but nothing happens. Can anyone help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitv
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep question

I have a script that does the following. It searches a listing of directories with specific extensions and then formats a wc on those files. The code looks like this find <directory> -name '*.js' -o -name '*.html' | awk '{print \"wc -l \"$1}' > file \n" The result is a file with the "wc -l"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk question to count columns

hi all here is a very simple question.. i want to count the number of columns using awk..my file looks like this: 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 i want to count number of columns and i so far i have: awk 'BEGIN {IFS=","} END {print NF}' data > data1 i am getting 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep question

I want to egrep for certain fields which are not existing in the current log files and am getting errors for that... egrep "'^20090220.14'|'^20090220.15'|'^20090220.16'|'^20090220.17'|'^20090220.18'" Some of the times are in future and logs don't have those entries and I get errors for them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question using egrep

Hi, i have a a bunch of directories that are always named with six lowercase alpha's and either one or two numeric's (but no more) so for example names could be qwerty1 qwerty9 qwerty10 qwerty67 I am currently using two pattern matches to capture these names echo $DIR |... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and egrep question

Its really 2 questions, but both are pretty basic. Linux Redhat 1. Need to do a search and replace on a file. I need to append '--' (comment out the line) to specific lines based on a wildcard search. So if I Have GRANT SOME_ROLE_OR_USER ... I dont care what comes after that.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lines of code in egrep question

Hi, I have a question, during my readings it appears that these two variables in the snippet below need to be on the same line to return a “true” answer and listed in the output otherwise it won’t be returned. How can I write this snippet to make it return a “true” if those two variables are on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple question about charecter count

Hi, I have collection of letters in a column such as: AA5678 AA9873434 .. .. I am trying to find the number of charecters in each. "echo "AA5678"|wc -c 7----------------> why does it give 7 instead of 6? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvosu
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)