Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH Redirect to Pipe (">|") Syntax Post 302466585 by Tanuka on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 05:55:22 PM
Old 10-26-2010
I'll try that - should be able to do it tomorrow - have a little bit of a lax schedule then.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh-script "arithmetic syntax error" comparing strings

Hi all, I´ve already searched the forum but can´t find what i am doing wrong. I am trying to compare two variables using ksh under red hat. The error I get is: -ksh: .: MDA=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_after_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 ` MDB=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_before_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_mike
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the right way to redirect script output use ">" or ">>" ?

Which one of the following are more accurate and why? nohup myScript.sh 1>nohup_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).out 2>&1 & nohup myScript.sh 1>>nohup_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).out 2>&1 & nohup myScript.sh >nohup_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).out 2>&1 & nohup myScript.sh >>nohup_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).out 2>&1 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
LOON(1) 						     CAO-VLSI Reference Manual							   LOON(1)

NAME
LooN - Local optimizations of Nets. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSIS
loon [-hmxlo] input_file output_file [lax_file] DESCRIPTION
loon is a CAD tool that allows to remove fanout problems within a gate netlist and also to optimize the delay. The netlist can be hierar- chical and is flattened if necessary. loon runs in batch mode and a parameter file can be used (see man lax) to parametrize optimization by adding informations on outputs (fanin), inputs (fanout, delay) and by setting general parameters such as optimization level. loon per- mits to compute delays of gates in the netlist and gives the critical path in the netlist. The global optimization of loon performs gate repowering to decrease the critical path delay and global capacitance. Buffers are only inserted in critical path. lax Parameter file description The lax file is common with other logic synthesis tools and is used for driving the synthesis process. See lax(5) manual for more detail. lax uses a lot of parameters to guide every step of the synthesis process. Some parameters are globally used (for example, optimization level whereas others are specifically used (load capacitance for the netlist optimization only). Here is the default lax file (see the user's manual for further information about the syntax of the '.lax' file): Optimization mode = 2 (50% area - 50% delay) Input impedance = 0 Output capacitance = 0 Delayed input = none Auxiliary signal saved = none OPTION
-h Help mode. Displays possible uses of loon. -o input_file Overwrites the source file if no output_file is given. This can be usefull if you don't want several netlist files. -m optim_mode Optimization mode. Can be defined in lax file, it's only a shortcut to define it on command line. This mode number has an array defined between 0 and 4. It indicates the way of optimization the user wants. If 0 is chosen, the circuit area will be improved. On the other hand, 4 will improve circuit delays. 2 is a medium value for optimization. -x xsch_mode Generate a '.xsc' file. It is a color map for each signals contained in output_file network. This file is used by xsch to view the netlist. By choosing level 0 or 1 for xsch_mode, you can color respectively the critical path or all signals with delay grad- uation. -l lax_file Just another way to show explicitely the LAX parameter file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables have to be set before using loon : MBK_CATA_LIB gives the auxiliary paths of the directories of input files (behavioural description). MBK_TARGET_LIB gives the path (single) of the directory of the selected standard cell library. MBK_IN_LO gives the input format of the structural description. MBK_OUT_LO gives the output format of the structural description. EXAMPLE
You can call loon as follows : loon alu alu_loon SEE ALSO
loon(1), boog(1), boom(1), lax(5), vbe(5), proof(1), asimut(1), vhdl(5), ocp(1), nero(1), sxlib(5). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 Sept 01 2000 LOON(1)