Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MGET Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers MGET Problem Post 302466430 by bleeding_me on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 11:01:11 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
I think that the problem here is if you fully name the source file, then that is what the target will be called, from the directory you are connected to. A similar solution to the previous post is to make your local current directory correct first:-
lcd d:\RJM
mput *
An alternate is to fully specify the files
put d:\RJM\file1 file1
put d:\RJM\file2 file2
... but obviously that is more cumbersome.

I hope that this helps.Smilie

Robin
Thanx rbatte1 I'll try that one.

Bleeding_me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget question

Basically, I like to know how "mget" command work in terms of data/control channels and in terms of request-respond dialogue. Also, when I try the command as an example below, is it true than for each file to be transferred, there is a new connection establish? (ie. transferred one file,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget

hi, i want to mget a directory. how to specify the flag that i dont want the system to prompt me? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget and mput...

hello, i was interested in knowing if you can mget or mput a sequence of files: example- say i have a dir with 1000 files with the same extension e.g. *.sgi, is there a way to mget only the last 200 files? i would assume that there is a flag i would use, or something like: mget... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyomamma
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget command

Hi All, I am using mget (mget server.*) through ftp... ... i dont want to overwrite the files in my localmachine if it is already exists... is it possible through ftp ?? any other optios also mos t welcome Thnks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget new files only

Hi all, I am currently in the process of setting up an FTP server with limited knowledge :p. I have run into an issue that i need some help with. Basically i want to be able to download files off another remote server twice a day every day but i want to make sure it only downloads new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with ftp mget

Hi I am trying to ftp all the files from a directory in server2 to server1 (both unix) The below code is in server1 ftpfile=/home/anitha/ftptxt echo cd mydir >>$ftpfile echo mget *.* >>$ftpfile cat $ftpfile | ftp -i server2 mydir is a directory in server2 and there are some test files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If then else in with mget command

Hi Friends, I need to use if then else logic with the mget command.I need to check if {JOURNAL_CODE}*_1_Audit*.txt exists then download it (using mget)and if not then leave it.Same for the {JOURNAL_CODE}*_2_Audit*.txt file.Can you please tell me how can i achive that? sftp -b -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget help

Hi I'm trying to get all files from a directory with a script. So i'm gone paste my script here: cd /var/www/match_demos/speedgaming/ lftp -u Gudfaren,xxxxx ftp.speedgaming.pro -e cd 89.221.243.11_27500 -e mget *.dem exit when i run that i get: "File name missed. Try `help mget' for more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vYN
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange mget problem

Hi! I'm a bit of a unix n00b so be gentle! I need to use ftp to download some files. I have the ftp running in a shell script which had been working perfectly last week. I downloaded around 400 files before it broke on friday. Now whenever I try to run the script, it starts to download... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybongo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Prompt problem while using mget to ftp

I am writing a scritp in which first step is to get some files from a server. I am using mget to do that. here is my FTP code ... HOST="XXX.XXX.com" 28 ftp -inv $HOST <<END &> $FTP_LOG 29 quote USER $USER 30 quote PASS $PASWD 31 cd log 32 prompt off 33 binary 34 mget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashidhar
0 Replies
DumpXML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DumpXML(3pm)

NAME
Data::DumpXML - Dump arbitrary data structures as XML SYNOPSIS
use Data::DumpXML qw(dump_xml); $xml = dump_xml(@list) DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function called dump_xml() that takes a list of Perl values as its argument and produces a string as its result. The string returned is an XML document that represents any Perl data structures passed to the function. Reference loops are han- dled correctly. The following data model is used: data : scalar* scalar = undef | str | ref | alias ref : scalar | array | hash | glob | code array: scalar* hash: (key scalar)* The distribution comes with an XML schema and a DTD that more formally describe this structure. As an example of the XML documents produced, the following call: $a = bless [1,2], "Foo"; dump_xml($a); produces: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?> <data xmlns="http://www.cpan.org/.../Data-DumpXML.xsd"> <ref> <array class="Foo"> <str>1</str> <str>2</str> </array> </ref> </data> If dump_xml() is called in a void context, then the dump is printed on STDERR automatically. For compatibility with "Data::Dump", there is also an alias for dump_xml() called simply dump(). "Data::DumpXML::Parser" is a class that can restore data structures dumped by dump_xml(). Configuration variables The generated XML is influenced by a set of configuration variables. If you modify them, then it is a good idea to localize the effect. For example: sub my_dump_xml { local $Data::DumpXML::INDENT = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL = 0; local $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX = "dumpxml"; return dump_xml(@_); } The variables are: $Data::DumpXML::INDENT You can set the variable $Data::DumpXML::INDENT to control the amount of indenting. The variable contains the whitespace you want to be used for each level of indenting. The default is a single space. To suppress indenting, set it to "". $Data::DumpXML::INDENT_STYLE This variable controls where end element are placed. If you set this variable to the value "Lisp" then end tags are not prefixed by NL. This give a more compact output. $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL This boolean variable controls whether an XML declaration should be prefixed to the output. The XML declaration is the <?xml ...?> thingy. The default is 1. Set this value to 0 to suppress the declaration. $Data::DumpXML::NAMESPACE This variable contains the namespace used for the XML elements. The default is to let this be a URI that actually resolve to the XML schema on CPAN. Set it to "" to disable use of namespaces. $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX This variable contains the namespace prefix to use on the elements. The default is "", which means that a default namespace will be declared. $Data::DumpXML::SCHEMA_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the XML schema. If this variable is non-empty, then an "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute is added to the top level "data" element. The default is not to include this, as the location can be inferred from the default XML namespace used. $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the DTD. If this variable is non-empty, then a <!DOCTYPE ...> is included in the output. The default is to point to the DTD on CPAN. Set it to "" to suppress the <!DOCTYPE ...> line. BUGS
Class names with 8-bit characters are dumped as Latin-1, but converted to UTF-8 when restored by the Data::DumpXML::Parser. The content of globs and subroutines are not dumped. They are restored as the strings "** glob **" and "** code **". LVALUE and IO objects are not dumped at all. They simply disappear from the restored data structure. SEE ALSO
Data::DumpXML::Parser, XML::Parser, XML::Dumper, Data::Dump AUTHORS
The "Data::DumpXML" module is written by Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no>, based on "Data::Dump". The "Data::Dump" module was written by Gisle Aas, based on "Data::Dumper" by Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@umich.edu>. Copyright 1998-2003 Gisle Aas. Copyright 1996-1998 Gurusamy Sarathy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2006-04-08 DumpXML(3pm)