Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find pattern and replace the text before it Post 302466395 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 10:21:37 AM
Old 10-26-2010
sed:
Code:
sed 's/.*\(Updated:\)/\1/' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern and replace another field

HI all I have a problem, I need to replace a field in a file, but only in the lines that have some pattern, example: 100099C01101C00000000059394200701CREoperadora_TX 100099C01201C00000000000099786137OPERADORA_TX2 in the example above I need to change the first field from 1 to 2 only if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergiioo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Text Based On Pattern

Hi I'm trying to replace text in a file based upon a pattern. The pattern I'm looking for is: <styleURL>#style0002</styleURL> <name>#######6105#######</name>The # are seven alphanumeric characters before and after 6105. I need it to replace that with this recursively: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a pattern and replace

i have a file which contains lines like this. intsrcrpttrn1099mctrl:export GRAPHPARM_AR="-input_code M302023" intsrcrpttrn1099mload:export GRAPHPARM_AR="-input_code M192023" intsrcrpttrn1099mload:export GRAPHPARM_AR="-input_code P192023" the value after -input_code starts with some alphabet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace pattern in lowercase

I have an xml file. I need to convert a particular pattern to lower case and add 1 to it. For example my sample values in file are: ergeAAwrgersc_DWSTAGE_AC_DBO_TBL_GROUPZONES_INITIAL.badAAergerg sc_DWSTAGE_AC_DBO_TBL_SECTIONDEPENDENCY_INITIAL.badeAAwrgewrg... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help, Find a pattern, replace it with same text minus leading 0

HI Folks, I'm looking for a solution for this issue. I want to find the Pattern 0/ and replace it with /. I'm just removing the leading zero. I can find the Pattern but it always puts literal value as a replacement. What am I missing?? sed -e s/0\//\//g File1 > File2 edit by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirHenry1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab text after pattern and replace

i have a file which contains data seperated by comma. i want to replace text after 3rd occurrence of a comma. the input file looks like this abcdef,11/02/2015 11:55:47,1001,1234567812345678,12364,,abc abcdefg,11/02/2015 11:55:47,01,1234567812345678,123,,abc abcdefhih,11/02/2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace Pattern in file

Ok, so how many times have you received this request? I have been looking through the forum for examples and I see the use of tr, awk and sed to perform similar functions but not sure how to use the tools in this scenario and could use a push in the right direction. GOAL: Search for line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace pattern in text

hi unix expert is there any command in linux to repace a pattern in the text to another pattern? many thanks samad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)