Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change time stamp of a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change time stamp of a file Post 302466109 by dgerman on Monday 25th of October 2010 01:12:06 PM
Old 10-25-2010
By default ls displays Mon dd ccyy format for files modified more than 6 months ago which is why pravin27 suggested --time-style

Are you trying to change the timestamp of the file or the display out from ls ?
This User Gave Thanks to dgerman For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time stamp of file create

Hi, Sounds a simple request but I also need (would like) to gather the seconds too. I'm not even sure if this is held. I would think it is, somewhere??!!?! I belive that stat would/could work but I don't do C (we'll not yet). Is there any comamnd line util I can use? SunOS. Cheers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i put a time stamp in a file name

i want to copy a filea.dat to a file name in the format of filea_yyyymmdd_hhmi.dat using something like DTSTAMP=$(date "+%Y%m%d"), which puts it in format filea_yyyymmdd.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file with time stamp

Hi guys, Here my scenario is to find the files of previous days if the previous day load had not done. for that i created a file with time stamp and this file is created after the load completes. so every dau i search for the this file with previous days time stamp. i want to create a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apple2685
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change and replace time stamp

Hi, I want to convert normal time stamp to unix time stamp to a filename. coz our ssytem will pick depends on unix timestamp format . the filenames are as shown below fie names are stored in file say temp.txt. MLFG2_cDomHTTPstats_SAB15-1_1318482447.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change time stamp with touch command?

Hi, I wish to change time stamp of a directory with all its subdirectories and files on server. I am able to find following two ways but want to know which will be the better one. I have not tried anyone of them because I am not sure if it can effect my data: find * -type d -exec touch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change date time stamp of existing file

I have a file hello.txt which was created today (today's date timestamp) I wish to change its date timestamp (access, modified, created) to 1 week old i.e one week from now. uname -a SunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you please suggest a easy way to do that ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies
Time::ParseDate(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Time::ParseDate(3pm)

NAME
Time::ParseDate -- date parsing both relative and absolute SYNOPSIS
use Time::ParseDate; $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", NO_RELATIVE => 1) $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", %options) OPTIONS
Date parsing can also use options. The options are as follows: FUZZY -> it's okay not to parse the entire date string NOW -> the "current" time for relative times (defaults to time()) ZONE -> local timezone (defaults to $ENV{TZ}) WHOLE -> the whole input string must be parsed GMT -> input time is assumed to be GMT, not localtime UK -> prefer UK style dates (dd/mm over mm/dd) DATE_REQUIRED -> do not default the date TIME_REQUIRED -> do not default the time NO_RELATIVE -> input time is not relative to NOW TIMEFIRST -> try parsing time before date [not default] PREFER_PAST -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume past PREFER_FUTURE -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume future SUBSECOND -> parse fraction seconds VALIDATE -> only accept normal values for HHMMSS, YYMMDD. Otherwise days like -1 might give the last day of the previous month. DATE FORMATS RECOGNIZED
Absolute date formats Dow, dd Mon yy Dow, dd Mon yyyy Dow, dd Mon dd Mon yy dd Mon yyyy Month day{st,nd,rd,th}, year Month day{st,nd,rd,th} Mon dd yyyy yyyy/mm/dd yyyy-mm-dd (usually the best date specification syntax) yyyy/mm mm/dd/yy mm/dd/yyyy mm/yy yy/mm (only if year > 12, or > 31 if UK) yy/mm/dd (only if year > 12 and day < 32, or year > 31 if UK) dd/mm/yy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yy or yy/mm/dd) dd/mm/yyyy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yyyy) dd/mm (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd) Relative date formats: count "days" count "weeks" count "months" count "years" Dow "after next" Dow "before last" Dow (requires PREFER_PAST or PREFER_FUTURE) "next" Dow "tomorrow" "today" "yesterday" "last" dow "last week" "now" "now" "+" count units "now" "-" count units "+" count units "-" count units count units "ago" Absolute time formats: hh:mm:ss[.ddd] hh:mm hh:mm[AP]M hh[AP]M hhmmss[[AP]M] "noon" "midnight" Relative time formats: count "minutes" (count can be franctional "1.5" or "1 1/2") count "seconds" count "hours" "+" count units "+" count "-" count units "-" count count units "ago" Timezone formats: [+-]dddd GMT[+-]d+ [+-]dddd (TZN) TZN Special formats: [ d]d/Mon/yyyy:hh:mm:ss [[+-]dddd] yy/mm/dd.hh:mm DESCRIPTION
This module recognizes the above date/time formats. Usually a date and a time are specified. There are numerous options for controlling what is recognized and what is not. The return code is always the time in seconds since January 1st, 1970 or undef if it was unable to parse the time. If a timezone is specified it must be after the time. Year specifications can be tacked onto the end of absolute times. If "parsedate()" is called from array context, then it will return two elements. On sucessful parses, it will return the seconds and what remains of its input string. On unsucessful parses, it will return "undef" and an error string. EXAMPLES
$seconds = parsedate("Mon Jan 2 04:24:27 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("Tue Apr 4 00:22:12 PDT 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("04.04.95 00:22", ZONE => PDT); $seconds = parsedate("Jan 1 1999 11:23:34.578", SUBSECOND => 1); $seconds = parsedate("122212 950404", ZONE => PDT, TIMEFIRST => 1); $seconds = parsedate("+3 secs", NOW => 796978800); $seconds = parsedate("2 months", NOW => 796720932); $seconds = parsedate("last Tuesday"); $seconds = parsedate("Sunday before last"); ($seconds, $remaining) = parsedate("today is the day"); ($seconds, $error) = parsedate("today is", WHOLE=>1); LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-20 Time::ParseDate(3pm)