Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Anyone wanna write this?
Top Forums Programming Anyone wanna write this? Post 302466045 by Neo on Monday 25th of October 2010 08:51:39 AM
Old 10-25-2010
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to it all, But i wanna script really badly!!!

Ok, im brand new to this whole thing, well nearly, but all i wanna know and do is scripting, WHAT DO I DO?!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheNewGuy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total windows cripple wanna learn unix well

hello, I finally installed a unix port (NetBSD) on my workpad z50 and now I'm trying to configure it and well right about now I know 2 commands and I can start one program Vi is the program and I can navagate with cd and ls those are the two commands wait I know 3 date I also know but I can't even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terramir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

4. Linux

I am a beginner.Wanna become expert.

Hi Everybody, I am beginner to Unix platform, Can anybody guide me to learn the Unix, Scripting, shell scripting and inside stuff. I am interesting in programming that needs the step by step walk. Thankful to those who dare to walk along. yours farooq (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: farooq_kdp
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Bits - Anyone wanna work something out?

I need bits for the emergency forum....my panic levels are starting to rise due to no responses to my threads. Please let me know if you have extra bits, and what it will take to get them. I need like 13000 more to post in there I think. Thank you, D ---------- Post updated at 01:09 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Wanna change my username

Hi team, I want to change my username.. I tried in the edit option but i can't get it.. Can u help me.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies
factor(1)							   User Commands							 factor(1)

NAME
factor - obtain the prime factors of a number SYNOPSIS
factor [integer] DESCRIPTION
factor writes to standard input all prime factors for any positive integer less than or equal to 10^14. The prime factors are written the proper number of times. If factor is used without an argument, it waits for an integer to be entered. After entry of the integer, it factors it, writes its prime factors the proper number of times, and then waits for another integer. factor exits if a 0 or any non-numeric character is entered. If factor is invoked with an argument (integer), it writes the integer, factors it and writes all the prime factors as described above, and then exits. If the argument is 0 or non-numeric, factor writes a 0 and then exits. The maximum time to factor an integer is proportional to sqrt(n), where n is the integer which is entered. factor will take this time when n is prime or the square of a prime. OPERANDS
integer Any positive integer less than or equal to 10^14. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. DIAGNOSTICS
factor prints the error message Ouch! for input out of range or for garbage input. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Jan 1996 factor(1)