Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network interface problem
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface problem Post 302465963 by ygemici on Monday 25th of October 2010 03:59:45 AM
Old 10-25-2010
you have to set duplex mode to your switch or other your netw dev for ce nics..

# detect your active ce nic
Code:
netstat -i | egrep -v "^Name|^lo0"|sed '/^$/d'

or
Code:
ifconfig -a

#detect your duplex mode
Code:
dladm show-dev ce0

Code:
ndd -set /dev/ce0 adv_1000fdx_cap 1

or
Code:
ndd -set /dev/ce0 adv_1000hdx_cap 0

or
to your nic and net settings

and add like below and reboot
/etc/system

Code:
set ce0:ce0_adv_100fdx_cap=1

or
Code:
set ce0:ce0_adv_1000fdx_cap=1

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with a Network Interface

Hi every body, I have a Fiber Channel interface (fcs2) in AIX 5.2. This interface was fine & up but for some reason I could not return this interface UP again after I set it DOWN. When I tried to set this interface UP I encountered the following error: Method error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi Network card interface problem

My system info is show below:- #uname -a SunOS qfserver 5.8 Generic_117350-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and I have two network card as shown below:- #ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarifudin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface problem

Hi i have replace a NIC card on solaris 10 when i give the following command ifconfig -a it just show the lo0 (only loop back with inet 127.0.0.1) when i give the following command to config the interface, ifconfig elxl0 plumb ifconfig: plumb: elxl0: no such interface please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
11 Replies

6. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)