Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter Post 302465643 by Chrisdot on Saturday 23rd of October 2010 05:30:49 AM
Old 10-23-2010
Well, I got this tutorial done.
So for now - is this network driver to be a module like that ones from tutorial? Or something else?

What do you use to edit code in terminal? I have been doing tutorial using pico but I guess it is not the best linux C-code editor Smilie.

Now i try to finish:
linuxgazette.net/issue93/bhaskaran.html
tutorial but unfortunatelly I see no way to compile that source. Trying:
cc -I/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/ -Wall -c rtl8139.c
has very long output with lots of errors.
Trying:
make -C /usr/src/linux M=${pwd} modules
got 3 errors:
struct net_device has no member named open
struct net_device has no member named stop
struct net_device has no member named hard_start_xmit

Any ideas?

Last edited by Chrisdot; 10-24-2010 at 08:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hacmp network adapter re-define

I have an LPAR in a P5 machine which has been setup in an HACMP cluster. The person who set it up allocated the wrong network adapter (en) to the persistent network. For the life of me I cannot find where I can re-assign this adapter. Anyone able to help me as I am tearing my hair out and do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. AIX

change network adapter

hello i've need to change network adapter on machine H80 aix 4.3.3 hacmp ( ent0 ) what i need to do after the new adapter installed on the machine? thanks best regards ariec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command: entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority Priority: 5 Active: False How to make Active to True? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External Network Adapter for Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new here - this is my first post. I have installed Solaris 10 5/09 on my Dell M6300. The install went well, but the Dell's onboard network card is the Broadcom BCM5756ME Gigabit Ethernet - and sadly no Solaris driver exists for it. The Solaris 10 install just jumped by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soulmerchant
1 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Attach Solaris 11.1 rwn driver to RaLink RT8200/8260 Wi Fi Adapter

I installed Solaris 11.1 on a X86 PC. It's working except for one glaring problem : I cannot get a driver attached to the RaLink RT2800 (Wi Fi Adapter). Can someone point me in the direction where " the correct" driver exists, or let me know how I can tell Solaris to attach the device to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JWH
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

10. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
PMINST(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMINST(1p)

NAME
pminst - find modules whose names match this pattern SYNOPSIS
pminst [-s] [-l] [pattern] DESCRIPTION
Without argumnets, show the names of all installed modules. Given a pattern, show all module names that match it. The -l flag will show the full pathname. The -s flag will separate the base directory from @INC from the module portion itself. EXAMPLES
$ pminst (lists all installed modules) $ pminst Carp CGI::Carp Carp $ pminst ^IO:: IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File $ pminst '(?i)io' IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File IO Pod::Functions The -s flag provides output with the directory separated by a space: $ pminst -s | sort +1 (lists all modules, sorted by name, but with where they came from) $ oldperl -S pminst -s IO /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::File /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Handle /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Pipe /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Seekable /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Select /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Socket /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::TkIO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::HTML::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Stringy /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Wrap /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::ScalarArray /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Scalar /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Lines /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::WrapTie /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::AtomicFile The -l flag gives full paths: $ filsperl -S pminst -l Thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Queue.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Semaphore.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Signal.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Specific.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread.pm AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMINST(1p)