Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script call : head: command not found Post 302465623 by sanjay.login on Saturday 23rd of October 2010 02:00:42 AM
Old 10-23-2010
HI Methyl,try using .(dot) command before head which will run in the current shell,hope it will work for you.

regards,
Sanjay

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can call perl script as command?

Hello say i have written some perl scripts , now i like to call them in my unix shell as unix command like "more" , "ls" , "grep" so that my say perl script called "foo.pl" will be called from every where as "foo" or "foo arg1 arg2"? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command << EOF(dont want to call other script)

Dear Freinds, Help needed in input redirection . My problem is as follows.. I have a shell script as follows which calls another gnuplot script . datagen.sh #!/bin/ksh gnuplot plot_I.plt In the above file I am calling another file called plot_I.plt which reside in the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Imitate head and tail command script

Hi, I have been given assignment of 30 scripts out of which I was able to solve many, I need help with few out of which one asks to imitate head and tail command of unix without using the head and tail commands. Problem is stated below: Write an interactive shell script to imitate the head... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutalk
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the System command twice in the same perl script...

Hello experts, I have a perl script which looks for the ARGV and then loads the data as per it. Example. #Checking the server to connect if ($ARGV eq 'QA') { $ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0"; $ENV{"PATH"} = "$ENV{'PATH'}:/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help a beginner, expect script, command not found

hi, i have a problem with my expect script, here is MyScript: #!/usr/bin/expect set pass set c set command spawn sudo $command expect "assword" send "$pass\r" expect eof My problem is that when i execute MyScript with the command : "./MyScript mypassword apt-get_install_git"i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file if not found send mail if exit call second script

I need to check my script and change to working mode. currently it was not sending the mail and exit without calling the second script. I need to check the file is present ="/home/Rvtools/test.csv" if this file not found after the time retry send mail file not found If the file exit run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -f Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use. -e Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. If you want to use this feature in another context, be aware that openvt has to be a session leader in order for -e to work. See setsid(2) or setsid(1) on how to achieve this. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)