Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script call : head: command not found Post 302465585 by masy1800 on Friday 22nd of October 2010 08:14:59 PM
Old 10-22-2010
Hi,

I typed the command you proposed and I have :

head : /usr/bin/head

and the same for wc : /usr/bin/wc

Then maybe my path is wrong, i type echo $PATH and here is what i get.

How to know what is wrong ?

Code:
PATH={/usr/syscom/opt/moab/default/bin:/usr/syscom/opt/torque/default/bin:/usr/common/usg/bin:/usr/common/mss/bin:/usr/common/nsg/bin:/usr/common/usg/openmpi/1.4.2/pgi/bin:/usr/common/usg/pgi/10.8/linux86-64/10.8/bin:/usr/syscom/opt/moab/default/bin:/usr/syscom/opt/torque/default/bin:/usr/common/usg/bin:/usr/common/mss/bin:/usr/common/nsg/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/global/u2/s/samy/program/Swig/bin}:/global/u2/s/samy/program/Swig/bin:/global/u2/s/samy/program/Swig/bin

i see something strange, that the /Swig/bin was added 3 times. you think this could be an explanation ?

I can not try it right now because the cluster just passed in maintenance mode 5 mins ago...(bad timing).

I will try to erase this triple call to /Swig/bin as soon as it is back on
masy1800

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can call perl script as command?

Hello say i have written some perl scripts , now i like to call them in my unix shell as unix command like "more" , "ls" , "grep" so that my say perl script called "foo.pl" will be called from every where as "foo" or "foo arg1 arg2"? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command << EOF(dont want to call other script)

Dear Freinds, Help needed in input redirection . My problem is as follows.. I have a shell script as follows which calls another gnuplot script . datagen.sh #!/bin/ksh gnuplot plot_I.plt In the above file I am calling another file called plot_I.plt which reside in the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Imitate head and tail command script

Hi, I have been given assignment of 30 scripts out of which I was able to solve many, I need help with few out of which one asks to imitate head and tail command of unix without using the head and tail commands. Problem is stated below: Write an interactive shell script to imitate the head... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutalk
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the System command twice in the same perl script...

Hello experts, I have a perl script which looks for the ARGV and then loads the data as per it. Example. #Checking the server to connect if ($ARGV eq 'QA') { $ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0"; $ENV{"PATH"} = "$ENV{'PATH'}:/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help a beginner, expect script, command not found

hi, i have a problem with my expect script, here is MyScript: #!/usr/bin/expect set pass set c set command spawn sudo $command expect "assword" send "$pass\r" expect eof My problem is that when i execute MyScript with the command : "./MyScript mypassword apt-get_install_git"i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file if not found send mail if exit call second script

I need to check my script and change to working mode. currently it was not sending the mail and exit without calling the second script. I need to check the file is present ="/home/Rvtools/test.csv" if this file not found after the time retry send mail file not found If the file exit run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
GZEXE(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)