Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with File Names under tcsh loop Post 302465458 by ctsgnb on Friday 22nd of October 2010 12:49:40 PM
Old 10-22-2010
Don't know about tcsh but maybe this example can help a little :

Code:
# ls /opt/sfw/lib/*.so | head -2 >/tmp/input
# cat /tmp/input
/opt/sfw/lib/libFnlib.so
/opt/sfw/lib/libImlib.so
# while read line
> do
> echo "parsing1 = $line"
> echo "parsing2 = ${line##*/}"
> echo "parsing3 = $(basename $line)"
> echo "parsing4 = $(dirname $line)"
> echo "parsing5 = $(echo $line | sed 's|.*/||g')"
> done </tmp/input
parsing1 = /opt/sfw/lib/libFnlib.so
parsing2 = libFnlib.so
parsing3 = libFnlib.so
parsing4 = /opt/sfw/lib
parsing5 = libFnlib.so
parsing1 = /opt/sfw/lib/libImlib.so
parsing2 = libImlib.so
parsing3 = libImlib.so
parsing4 = /opt/sfw/lib
parsing5 = libImlib.so
#

Just feel free to test and adapt to your needs.

parsing 4 could also be written ${line%/*} (but i don't know whether tcsh handle it or not)

By the way, if you want to use sed in order to parse Path name that contains / you'd better go for a delimiter such as | or : instead of a / otherwise you would have to escape any / by a \ otherwise would be interpreted as a delimiter ...

Last edited by ctsgnb; 10-22-2010 at 01:55 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH.need help.take input during a while/end loop

I am writting a script in csh and I am blanking out on how I code in the ability to process user input in the middle of a while/end loop. while(1) args.. end it is a simple script, and I want to add hotkey functions, like q to quit, z to zero counters, etc.. Google has not been very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top level TCSH while Loop doen't work

Hey guys... I'm learning some shell scripting on OS X using the tcsh shell. For some reason... my while loop isn't executing right (or more likely I am doing something wrong.) Something as simple as this doesn't work: #!/bin/tcsh set g = 0 while ($g <10) echo "this" $g @ g =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprynmr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Names in a Variable in a loop

Hi All , I am having confusion in a shell script. Please guide me. I need to get multiple files (number of files vary time to time, file names are separated by '|') using FTP get from the remote server. Actually, i call the FTP function in a loop. At the last step, i need to move all the get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH scripts that use the same variable names

If I run two different TCSH scripts simultaneously that use identical variable names will this cause any problems? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file names in a loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. Using a loop, I need to print all the filenames in this directory except those ending with a number. How can I do this ? # pwd /tmp/stage # # # ls -l * -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Oct 7 18:38 stmt1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop?

Hi Fellows, I was wondering how I can remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop in unix? e.g. water123.xyz water456.xyz to 123.xyz 456.xyz Thanks Paul Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using nested for loop to iterate over file names

I'm trying to grab a list of file names from a directory, then process those files 5 at a time. In the link below. Instead of using files I'm using the files array which contains 15 strings starting with AAA. So I'm trying to assign $fileset 5 of the strings at a time to pass to a command. So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zBernie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Programming

FORTRAN: Loop over variable file names

Hi guys I'm a beginner in fortran. So excuse me for my naivety, let me briefly describe what I was trying to do. I have let's say 2 files named reac-1 and reac-2. After opening these files I've to do some calculations, close these files and open the same files again in a loop. So my faulty code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies
libusb(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						      libusb(3LIB)

NAME
libusb - user-space USB device management library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] -I/usr/sfw/include file... -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -lusb [ library... ] #include <usb.h> DESCRIPTION
The libusb library contains interfaces for managing USB devices without a kernel driver. It is an open-source API supported on Linux, Mac- OS X, and NetBSD. See http://libusb.sourceforge.net. The current implementation is version 0.1.8 of the libusb API. Complete documentation for this library can be found at /usr/sfw/share/doc/libusb/libusb.txt. INTERFACES
The shared object libusb.so.1 provides the following public interfaces. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object inter- faces. usb_bulk_read usb_bulk_write usb_claim_interface usb_clear_halt usb_close usb_control_msg usb_find_busses usb_find_devices usb_get_busses usb_get_descriptor_by_endpoint usb_get_descriptor usb_get_string usb_get_string_simple usb_init usb_interrupt_read usb_interrupt_write usb_open usb_release_interface usb_reset usb_resetep usb_set_altinterface usb_set_configuration usb_set_debug usb_strerror FILES
/usr/sfw/lib/libusb.so.1 shared object /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins implementation-specific libusb modules /usr/sfw/bin/libusb-config script to determine linking environment ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibusb, SUNWlibusbut, | | |SUNWlibugenusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(3), attributes(5) http://libusb.sourceforge.net SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 libusb(3LIB)