Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MANPATH undefined error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting MANPATH undefined error Post 302465375 by bakunin on Friday 22nd of October 2010 09:41:39 AM
Old 10-22-2010
I'm not sure about your system, but as far as i can remember my younger days, when i used to use the c-shell the system-wide configuration file is called /etc/csh.cshrc. Your file might not be read.

You can also create a file ~/.cshrc, which is read every time a new shell starts (that includes login, when your login shell is being started by the login process) and which contains settings on a per-user basis. both these files have to be readable and executable i suppose.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

undefined error

Hi following is a simple shell script, -------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/tcsh u=$USER echo $u string="cp c2960-lanbase-mz /tftpboot/$u/c2960-lanbase-mz" string2="cp c2960-lanlite-mz /tftpboot/$u/c2960-lanlite-mz" output=/users/$u/c2960-log.txt if && then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

4. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

undefined variable error

Hi all, Im using a script which contains read command.. the script works perfectly but when I alias the script it gave "undifined variable" after I enter the read command input (variable)... Does any one know why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

6. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Csh script with Undefined variable error

hi there I have this C shell script that was migrated from AIX to Linux, could someone please help me, I checked the syntax numerous times but I can't find out where the error is. The script is meant to find files older than 27 days and delete it #!/usr/bin/csh # ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
22 Replies

8. Programming

Error: undefined reference to winmain@16?

I was trying to compile the following code in cygwin using g++: ------------------------------------------ #include <iostream> using namespace std; int identity(int input) { int output = input; return output; } ------------------------------------------ I get this error: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undefined variable error

I am getting the error undefined variable even after following these steps #read name abcd #echo $name na: undefined variable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)