Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MANPATH undefined error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting MANPATH undefined error Post 302465375 by bakunin on Friday 22nd of October 2010 09:41:39 AM
Old 10-22-2010
I'm not sure about your system, but as far as i can remember my younger days, when i used to use the c-shell the system-wide configuration file is called /etc/csh.cshrc. Your file might not be read.

You can also create a file ~/.cshrc, which is read every time a new shell starts (that includes login, when your login shell is being started by the login process) and which contains settings on a per-user basis. both these files have to be readable and executable i suppose.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

undefined error

Hi following is a simple shell script, -------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/tcsh u=$USER echo $u string="cp c2960-lanbase-mz /tftpboot/$u/c2960-lanbase-mz" string2="cp c2960-lanlite-mz /tftpboot/$u/c2960-lanlite-mz" output=/users/$u/c2960-log.txt if && then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

4. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

undefined variable error

Hi all, Im using a script which contains read command.. the script works perfectly but when I alias the script it gave "undifined variable" after I enter the read command input (variable)... Does any one know why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

6. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Csh script with Undefined variable error

hi there I have this C shell script that was migrated from AIX to Linux, could someone please help me, I checked the syntax numerous times but I can't find out where the error is. The script is meant to find files older than 27 days and delete it #!/usr/bin/csh # ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
22 Replies

8. Programming

Error: undefined reference to winmain@16?

I was trying to compile the following code in cygwin using g++: ------------------------------------------ #include <iostream> using namespace std; int identity(int input) { int output = input; return output; } ------------------------------------------ I get this error: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undefined variable error

I am getting the error undefined variable even after following these steps #read name abcd #echo $name na: undefined variable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
pseudo(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pseudo(1)

NAME
pseudo - Starts a non-STREAMS pty interface for a STREAMS device SYNOPSIS
pseudo [-l] [-shell shell] OPTIONS
Starts a shell process as the login shell. By default, the command starts this process as an interactive shell. Specifies the shell to be started. By default, the command starts the shell set by the SHELL environment variable. DESCRIPTION
The pseudo command provides an appropriate interface for STREAMS tty devices that are installed on systems configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. The pseudo command opens a pair of master and slave pty devices, and starts a shell process. The command's options allow you to override the default shell specification and to specify that the process be started as a login shell. NOTES
The pseudo command is available only when one or more of the Tru64 UNIX optional subsets with worldwide support software are installed on your system. In order for the pseudo command to provide a non-STREAMS pty interface for STREAMS devices, the system must be configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. If the system is configured to use the STREAMS pty driver, the command provides a STREAMS pty interface. SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1) Interfaces: pty(7) pseudo(1)