Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unexpected end of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unexpected end of file Post 302464439 by milink on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 07:21:56 AM
Old 10-20-2010
Hi,

Its was problem of spaces, removed and it worked.

Thanks

With Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file unexpected

hi i have error like this' syntax error end of file unexecpeted.and give me the example of cut command as soon as possible: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HI, I was converting a .bat file to .sh file for unix Code snippet #!/usr/bin/sh set -x if then goto RegularBuild; CURDIR="$1"; cd "$CURDIR"; :RegularBuild echo "Checking for existing fip_help.properties in def/properties directory..." if then rm -f fip_help.properties; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srisreeku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file error

hi, i am trying to connect to sqlplus in an 'if block' from the script. it is giving unexpected end of file error. and it works fine if it is out of 'if block'. if anybody have idea on this, can you please help me to solve the error ? piece of code is given below. if then... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file, why?

I am getting a "line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file", why? According to my estimate, line 47 is 2 lines after the last line of code here. Also, the $1 variable represents the current user logging in, and the script runs with root privileges (This is a Mac OS login hook script using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file error

Hi , I am new to Unix and this is my first shell script . I am facing "unexpected end of file error" while executing my code . tried removing blank spaces Unable to trace out the error . PLease help !!! #!/bin/sh echo hello if ] echo hi then var=`cat liq_table_nm.txt` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sen180185
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End Of File Error

Hi guys, I am new to BASH scripting and I was wondering if anyone could have a look at this code and explain to me why I am getting an Unexpected End of File Error ? If you can that would be great / much appreciated! THANKS! #!/bin/bash USER="" PASS="" if ; then echo "You need to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spooke
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

I dont know where I missed the double quotes .:wall:pls review this code and help me out . m1: line 26: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' m1: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file echo "script is created by prabhu Kumar "; echo "changing the directory to wes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
2 Replies
RCSCLEAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       RCSCLEAN(1)

NAME
rcsclean - clean up working files SYNOPSIS
rcsclean [options] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
rcsclean removes files that are not being worked on. rcsclean -u also unlocks and removes files that are being worked on but have not changed. For each file given, rcsclean compares the working file and a revision in the corresponding RCS file. If it finds a difference, it does nothing. Otherwise, it first unlocks the revision if the -u option is given, and then removes the working file unless the working file is writable and the revision is locked. It logs its actions by outputting the corresponding rcs -u and rm -f commands on the standard output. Files are paired as explained in ci(1). If no file is given, all working files in the current directory are cleaned. Filenames matching an RCS suffix denote RCS files; all others denote working files. The number of the revision to which the working file is compared may be attached to any of the options -n, -q, -r, or -u. If no revision number is specified, then if the -u option is given and the caller has one revision locked, rcsclean uses that revision; otherwise rcsclean uses the latest revision on the default branch, normally the root. rcsclean is useful for clean targets in makefiles. See also rcsdiff(1), which prints out the differences, and ci(1), which normally reverts to the previous revision if a file was not changed. OPTIONS
-ksubst Use subst style keyword substitution when retrieving the revision for comparison. See co(1) for details. -n[rev] Do not actually remove any files or unlock any revisions. Using this option will tell you what rcsclean would do without actually doing it. -q[rev] Do not log the actions taken on standard output. -r[rev] This option has no effect other than specifying the revision for comparison. -T Preserve the modification time on the RCS file even if the RCS file changes because a lock is removed. This option can suppress extensive recompilation caused by a make(1) dependency of some other copy of the working file on the RCS file. Use this option with care; it can suppress recompilation even when it is needed, i.e. when the lock removal would mean a change to keyword strings in the other working file. -u[rev] Unlock the revision if it is locked and no difference is found. -V Print RCS's version number. -Vn Emulate RCS version n. See co(1) for details. -xsuffixes Use suffixes to characterize RCS files. See ci(1) for details. -zzone Use zone as the time zone for keyword substitution; see co(1) for details. EXAMPLES
rcsclean *.c *.h removes all working files ending in .c or .h that were not changed since their checkout. rcsclean removes all working files in the current directory that were not changed since their checkout. FILES
rcsclean accesses files much as ci(1) does. ENVIRONMENT
RCSINIT Options prepended to the argument list, separated by spaces. A backslash escapes spaces within an option. The RCSINIT options are prepended to the argument lists of most RCS commands. Useful RCSINIT options include -q, -V, -x, and -z. RCS_MEM_LIMIT An integer lim, measured in kilobytes, specifying the threshold under which commands will try to use memory-based operations for processing the RCS file. (For RCS files of size lim kilobytes or greater, RCS will use the slower standard input/output routines.) Default value is 256. TMPDIR Name of the temporary directory. If not set, the environment variables TMP and TEMP are inspected instead and the first value found is taken; if none of them are set, a host-dependent default is used, typically /tmp. DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if and only if all operations were successful. Missing working files and RCS files are silently ignored. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: 5.8.1; Release Date: 2012-06-06. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Thien-Thi Nguyen. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Paul Eggert. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci(1), co(1), ident(1), rcs(1), rcsdiff(1), rcsmerge(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(5). Walter F. Tichy, RCS--A System for Version Control, Software--Practice & Experience 15, 7 (July 1985), 637-654. BUGS
At least one file must be given in older Unix versions that do not provide the needed directory scanning operations. GNU RCS 5.8.1 2012-06-06 RCSCLEAN(1)