Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep and variables ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep and variables ? Post 302464310 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 06:14:45 PM
Old 10-19-2010
grep do the job

Code:
[ctsgnb@shell ~]$ cat txt.sql
mp db-ter-fast-export C100_Input_Target_Table__table_ "${DB}"'/teradata.dbc' -select 'SELECT UPPER(trim(proj_id)) as proj_id,
latest_job_id, original_job_id
FROM '"${ETL_VW_SCHEMA}"'.PROJ
WHERE asof_to_dt = CAST('"'""${INFINITY_DT}""'"' AS DATE)
ORDER by proj_id'

[ctsgnb@shell ~]$ grep FROM txt.sql
FROM '"${ETL_VW_SCHEMA}"'.PROJ
[ctsgnb@shell ~]$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with variables

Being new to shell scripting I hope this question isn't too elementary but here goes. I run a grep statement - grep 'sqr' sqrmodule.par and the grep statement returns correctly the information that I'm looking for. Now I want to take the output from the grep statement and load it into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gettingstarted
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk as grep with variables

i have such awk working fine but how to use variable instead of strings awk '/asdasd.*asda.*asdasd/' file2.txt This is not working: awk '/${a}.*${b}.*${c}/' file2.txt Thanks & regards Peter (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables/array in grep command

Hi, I have a reqmt as i have some values in array and I want to search each value in a file by grep command. Here goes my scripting: #!/bin/ksh set -A ArrayA CENTER LEFT RIGHT echo "ArrayA contains: ${ArrayAİ*¨}" grep -e "${ArrayAİ*¨}" filename.txt The above grep is working for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

4. Programming

Grep with C variables.

Hi all, I have a problem, I need a grep -v but, the patterns of the grep should be C variables. Example: char var1="h"; char var2="o"; char var3="d"; system("grep -v \"var1 var2 var3\" file.txt"); ---- ---- ---- I try it but... Can u help me? Thanks beforehand P.S. Sorry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbelBs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep variables nested within grep

Help, I have a ksh script that has some variables within the grep command, I am then setting another variable that greps the variables that have greps within them. cat $WORKINGDIR/meter_list.txt | while read meter do serialnum=$(cat masterlogfile.txt | grep "$meter" | awk '{ print $19 }'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichard9
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines where variables occur more than once using grep

Hello, I want to only print lines where variables occur more than once using grep. For eg: Input: $this is a comment int a,b,c,b; int b,c; int d,e; int f,g,f; x=y+5; For the above input, the output would be int a,b,c,b; int f,g,f; I have done grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or grep with Variables in a script

Good day Geeks, Am having an issue with using variables in a rather simple script, the script is as follows: #!/bin/bash ### Script written by Adigun Gbenga ### Date: April 28, 2012 array=( 1 2 3 4 5 29 7 8 9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun

Hello, this will be my first post. I've been browsing around for a bit and have found a lot of useful information on here, hopefully a solution can be provided to me. Issue: Alright, I am looking to search for strings within a file using variables. I have a script that will accept 3 or 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonLaberge
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The issue I am having is part of a validation problem. My script will validate 3 or 4 parameters entered by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonLaberge
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using $variables in grep

Hi, I'm currently trying to use variables in grep on my script. Printing the variable via echo works fine. Also, if I hard coded the date of the appointment it works just fine. But, if I try to use the $DATE as an argument in grep it doesn't do anything. #!/bin/bash DATE=${2}/${3}/${1} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
6 Replies
FTOK(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   FTOK(3)

NAME
ftok - convert a pathname and a project identifier to a System V IPC key SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> key_t ftok(const char *pathname, int proj_id); DESCRIPTION
The ftok() function uses the identity of the file named by the given pathname (which must refer to an existing, accessible file) and the least significant 8 bits of proj_id (which must be nonzero) to generate a key_t type System V IPC key, suitable for use with msgget(2), semget(2), or shmget(2). The resulting value is the same for all pathnames that name the same file, when the same value of proj_id is used. The value returned should be different when the (simultaneously existing) files or the project IDs differ. RETURN VALUE
On success, the generated key_t value is returned. On failure -1 is returned, with errno indicating the error as for the stat(2) system call. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |ftok() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
On some ancient systems, the prototype was: key_t ftok(char *pathname, char proj_id); Today, proj_id is an int, but still only 8 bits are used. Typical usage has an ASCII character proj_id, that is why the behavior is said to be undefined when proj_id is zero. Of course, no guarantee can be given that the resulting key_t is unique. Typically, a best-effort attempt combines the given proj_id byte, the lower 16 bits of the inode number, and the lower 8 bits of the device number into a 32-bit result. Collisions may easily happen, for example between files on /dev/hda1 and files on /dev/sda1. SEE ALSO
msgget(2), semget(2), shmget(2), stat(2), svipc(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-08-08 FTOK(3)