Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic text field
Top Forums Web Development Dynamic text field Post 302464220 by bombcan on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 02:11:45 PM
Old 10-19-2010
I'm trying I just can't find one that does what I want it to do.
I must not be wording my search correctly. I need to
get a dropdown menu with options to populate another text field with something
different

So if you choose blue...green shows up on the text field

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

substringing non field non seperated text

In optimizing and bulletproofing the scripts running on my client's AIX 4.2 (Korn shell), I will need a way to examine and/or extract informations from non field non seperated text to be used for several purposes. How could I do the same for these situations : ex-1: "00000"+"1" => "00001" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts - Dynamic text

Hi, I have a file in which I have to replace the text with system date. The text needs to be changed on daily basis automatically. Assume, in "test.txt", I have below lines: LOAD FILE MYFILE 'c:/test/test_2010_09_24.txt ----- ----- In the above, MYFILE value changes every day, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psnmak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, comma as field separator and text inside double quotes as a field.

Hi, all I need to get fields in a line that are separated by commas, some of the fields are enclosed with double quotes, and they are supposed to be treated as a single field even if there are commas inside the quotes. sample input: for this line, 5 fields are supposed to be extracted, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate each field in a text file

Hello all, I am searching for a solution to the following problem: Given input such as this: I would like to find a way to output this: Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydrabane
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Search text string in field, not all in field.

Hello, I am using awk to match text in a tab separated field and am able to do so when matching the exact word. My problem is that I would like to match any sequence of text in the tab-separated field without having to match it all. Any help will be appreciated. Please see the code below. awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting some text if a field in the last column changes

Hi, I have a file which looks like this: A 01 00 B 02 00 C 04 00 D 00 01 E 01 01 F 02 01 G 01 04 H 02 04 I want to insert some text if the field if the last column changes. It should look like this: Value 00 A 01 00 B 02 00 C 04 00 Value 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read text between regexps and write into files based on a field in the text

Hi, I have a huge file that has data something like shown below: huge_file.txt start regexp Name=Name1 Title=Analyst Address=Address1 Department=Finance end regexp some text some text start regexp Name=Name2 Title=Controller Address=Address2 Department=Finance end regexp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r3d3
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below. Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
ttk::combobox(n)						 Tk Themed Widget						  ttk::combobox(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::combobox - text field with popdown selection list SYNOPSIS
ttk::combobox pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::combobox combines a text field with a pop-down list of values; the user may select the value of the text field from among the values in the list. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-exportselection exportSelection] Boolean value. If set, the widget selection is linked to the X selection. [-justify justify] Specifies how the text is aligned within the widget. Must be one of left, center, or right. [-height height] Specifies the height of the pop-down listbox, in rows. [-postcommand postCommand] A Tcl script to evaluate immediately before displaying the listbox. The -postcommand script may specify the -values to display. [-state state] One of normal, readonly, or disabled. In the readonly state, the value may not be edited directly, and the user can only select one of the -values from the dropdown list. In the normal state, the text field is directly editable. In the disabled state, no interaction is possible. [-textvariable textVariable] Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the widget value. Whenever the variable changes value the widget value is updated, and vice versa. [-values values] Specifies the list of values to display in the drop-down listbox. [-width width] Specifies an integer value indicating the desired width of the entry window, in average-size characters of the widget's font. WIDGET COMMAND
The following subcommands are possible for combobox widgets: pathName current ?newIndex? If newIndex is supplied, sets the combobox value to the element at position newIndex in the list of -values. Otherwise, returns the index of the current value in the list of -values or -1 if the current value does not appear in the list. pathName get Returns the current value of the combobox. pathName set value Sets the value of the combobox to value. The combobox widget also supports the following ttk::entry widget subcommands (see ttk::entry(n) for details): bbox delete icursor index insert selection xview The combobox widget also sup- ports the following generic ttk::widget widget subcommands (see ttk::widget(n) for details): cget config- ure identify instate state VIRTUAL EVENTS
The combobox widget generates a <<ComboboxSelected>> virtual event when the user selects an element from the list of values. If the selec- tion action unposts the listbox, this event is delivered after the listbox is unposted. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::entry(n) KEYWORDS
choice, entry, list box, text box, widget Tk 8.5 ttk::combobox(n)